Service Engineer - Gas Turbine
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide engineering support for the service business of Siemens power plants within the Region Asia (RAS).
What are my responsibilities?
The main focus here lies with technical service support. This task requires providing qualified and timely technical solutions for various technical questions from external- as well as internal customers (e.g. sales, marketing, and field service) out of the target region. To develop a solution, close collaboration with the technical departments in the headquarters (Mulheim (Germany) / Orlando (USA)) is required.
Additional responsibilities are:
· Support the preparation of maintenance outages as part of cross functional and global teams
· Provide technical support for regional sales, field service and marketing
· Support during analysis of damage events and elaboration of improvement measures.
· Present technical solutions during internal- and external meetings
This position will focus on support of Siemens heavy-duty gas turbines in Region Asia.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
· Bachelor, Master or comparable engineering degrees on Mechanical Engineering or related disciplines
· Solid knowledge on Gas Turbine technology and/or Steam Turbine technology
· Good understanding of fundamentals of turbo machinery equipment
· Basic knowledge on manufacturing- and repair technologies
· Basic knowledge on materials, especially with degradation
· Good verbal and written communications skills in English
· German language or other Asian language (e.g. Korean, Japanese) is beneficial
Training that will be found necessary to cope with the position requirements additionally, will take place in Shanghai, in the headquarters in Germany or USA and on various maintenance sites.
· Have a drive to find the optimum solution to technical problems with the aim to increase customer satisfaction
o Understands the regional needs
o Develop recommendations for solutions based on practical and theoretical experience
o Works together with the engineering departments in the headquarters to develop the solutions to meet the requirements
· Have good presentation skills
· Have a broad intercultural experience and like to work within international teams
· Strong interest to increase the knowledge on technology and tools in order to achieve better results
Job ID: 109546
Organization: Gas and Power
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time