Siemens Real Estate (SRE) is looking to recruit a Project Manager. SRE Building Solutions (BS) is the SRE Business Unit responsible as a competent partner for implementing all major real estate projects for Siemens in China and across Asia, if required. The candidate will report to the Head of BS Asia/Australia. Duty station: Shanghai.
What are my responsibilities?
- The Project Manager will be responsible for managing construction projects of industrial factories and office buildings to ensure the projects are completed within schedule and budget, in accordance of the companies’ Standards, Policies and Procedures.
- The position is responsible for overall project phases from initiation, planning, execution, to close-out with providing technical direction and ensuring compliance with quality and EHS standards. The project manager responsibilities span a broad spectrum, covering all the areas of project management, including communication with end users to clarify requirements, project scope development, project planning, cost management, schedule management, quality management, procurement and contract administration, and safety management.
- Communicate with business end-users to gathering requirements for the project and work with internal supporting functions to develop pre-project agreement with scope of work, schedule, and budget.
- Manage design phase to ensure that Siemens standards / specifications are implemented in the project design and coordinate with internal business units to get alignment.
- Ensuring that the industry best practices in sustainable design are incorporated into project process and building design.
- Manage the external design consultants and coordinating the internal support functions to develop the project plans, probable cost estimates and project schedule.
- Lead the project team to ensure that the key functional input is reflected in project scope and specification for bidding. Identify all necessary project approval/permits and develop the action and tracking plan.
- Work with end users and project team to develop the project budget for Investment Approval, ensure transparency and accuracy of the project cost.
- Coordinate with the Procurement Team to develop project bidding documents and vendor selection in accordance to company policies.
- Work with end users to prepare and get approval / permits from local authorities with compliance with government policies and regulations
- Manage external vendors; including contractors, PM companies, Jian Li, and other relevant suppliers to ensure that the actual project progress, cost, EHS, and quality is in line with project master schedule, budget and specifications. Forecast potential risks and provide necessary follow up actions to avoid any issues and minimize risks.
- Lead weekly project meetings with vendors to closely monitor project progress and track issues, and deliver solutions to problems and potential risks. Provide monthly reports.
- Manage with the support of project controllers claims from contractors / vendors and change requests from end users.
- Prepare and conduct the Project Board Meetings and Steering Committee Meetings to review the project status with the business and function leaders.
- Manage test and commissioning phase and close punch-list items, to ensure the project can be handed over by meeting all requirements.
- Prepare all required documents to ensure the project passing authorities’ inspections and receive permits / certificates in time.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Master Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management.
- Minimum 10 years experiences as project manager involving the overall project phases of Greenfield and Brown Field industrial/office building projects and demonstrated experience in leading multiple projects through various phases.
- Knowledge in project programming, schedule planning & budget tracking, QA/QC, and EHS management.
- Demonstrate team leader experience, ideally in a multi-cultural environment.
- Fluent in English and Mandarin, oral and written.
- Willing to travel within China. If needed within Asia.
Job ID: 109551
Organization: Real Estate Services
Company: Siemens Ltd., China
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time