License Management Professional - Contract position
Job title: License Management Professional - Contract position
With about 4,500 employees, Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited (STS) combines five units: Corporate Technology India, Functional Shared Services, Corporate Finance, Corporate Finance Audit, and Siemens Management Consulting.
Corporate Technology (CT) in India has over 3,000 professionals working in the area of software Research and Development. CT is a part of Siemens Corporate Technology, which is an innovation partner for the Siemens Divisions and shares a point of view in areas of strategic importance to Siemens, thereby ensuring its technological future.
This is your role. What part will you play?
- Open Source code, patent and legal research, constant evaluation of commercial and open source components for ensuring recommendations are up-to-date and reduce potential risks to customers
- Analysis of source code and license texts using data analysis tools (Blackduck, Fossology, Palamida etc), identifying the obligations for the usage of the components, creation of reports summarizing findings, obligations and recommendations and providing support to project teams for addressing software license conditions.
- Review of deliverables, technical documents and reports
- Ensure timely communication and feedback to all project stakeholders.
- Work closely with project management, architects for open source scanning / license clearing requirements.
- Regular reporting both to line management as well as to customer on status and escalation on risks, issues and important information
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- B.E. / B. Tech / MCA/ M. Tech (Computer Science/Electronics & Communication/ Electrical).
- Experience (0-2 yrs)
- Excellent skills on MS Office, PDF, report writing tools
- Licensed texts cognition and variants used in software documents
- Excellent communication skills - written and oral
- Excellent organizational, analytical skills, and follow-up skills
- Experience with open source community management / moderation / contributions is a plus
- Capability to collaborate with responsibility and respect.
- Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
- We are looking forward to getting to know you!
- If you have any questions, just mail to email@example.com
- As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is in Bangalore, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the craft of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
Job ID: 109574
Organization: Internet of Things
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time