We spend 90 percent of our lives in buildings. It follows that the buildings where we spend our lives have an enormous impact on our lives. On what we do, how we feel, who we are, who we become. At Siemens, we believe that everything people do in life deserves a perfect place to do it. A perfect place to learn. A perfect place to grow. A perfect place to prosper. A perfect place for every stage of life.
Building Technology is an in-house global competence center for software engineering. We work closely with the Siemens Divisions to engineer innovative products and services across the world. Our team of over 3,000 professionals forms an important part of the global network of about 17,500 software experts within Siemens. In India, we have offices in Bengaluru, Chennai, Gurgaon, Noida, and Pune.
We perform a lot of exciting roles at Building Technologies. Here, we’re hiring for a Technical Writer. In this role, you’ll work more as a Writer in charge of one or more projects. Join our team and we will offer you the opportunity to enter a special management career path.
We make real what matters
- You will be responsible for authoring tasks, creation and integration of printed or electronic end user documentation
- You will demonstrate ability to interact with developers and SMEs to gather knowledge on functional requirements
- We need you to Provide estimates about documentation tasks to the Scrum Master
- You will provide technical documentation for newly developed features on-time and as per the defined quality standards
What you need to make real what matters
· BE/B. Tech/ B.Sc. / M.Sc. / MCA – (in Electrical, Mechanical, Electronics, Instrumentation, Mechatronics, Computer Science, or Information Technology or equivalent)
- 1 to 3 years of experience in the field of technical documentation
- Experience working with European partners and flexible to work across partner time zones to suit work requirements
- Knowledge of end-user documentation/product documentation/technical documentation
- Excellent technical writing, communication and grammar skills
- Proficiency in working with XML editor, authoring and other graphics related tools like SnagIt, Visio
- Familiarity with Lean/Agile development is preferable
- Should be a good team player capable, of managing multiple project activities
- Should be analytic thinker, innovative and has good problem solving skills
- Ability to work as an individual contributor and take ownership
This role is primarily based at Navi Mumbai (Pune). However, you may get the opportunity to visit other locations within India as and when the work demands.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Building Technology at: and about Siemens careers at:
Job ID: 109579
Organization: Internet of Things
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time