Enforcement Solutions Engineer
A Solutions Engineer is responsible for delivery of enforcement systems and providing support to the product management team in managing 3rd party approvals, obsolescence reviews, testing and product quality reviews. The operation function is responsible for the project deployment and support of innovative Traffic Enforcement solutions both in the United Kingdom and Worldwide, including Civil and Criminal Enforcement, Clean Air Zones, Congestion Charging and Tolling.
The role requires working amongst a team of highly experienced Traffic Enforcement specialists to deliver and support standard products and systems, deploying these to customers with some degree of customization
Reporting to the Lead Enforcement Solutions Engineer you will be expected to provide regular project updates, operate in a dynamic environment and be able to travel throughout the United Kingdom and worldwide.
You will be responsible for establishing effective relationships with the wider Siemens Project Delivery and Product Support teams within the Siemens Intelligent Traffic Systems business.
The successful candidate will be a self-starting innovator who has a passion for delivering change and improving the status quo.
What are the requirements for this role
- Be a strong technical expert who has the ability to drive innovation, problem solve and communicate effectively with all project stakeholders
- Support the delivery of projects within time, quality and budget constraints
- Have a natural flare for technology and be motivated to keep abreast of current trends
- Responsible for planning and tracking of projects, including the planning of timescales / milestones, forecasting of cost through to project tracking and reporting progress (including recommending mitigating options) to management
- Create solutions for complex and unfamiliar systems that have a major business impact. Establish system requirements from appropriate regulations, customer requests, or technology strategies.
- Support the Sales and Tendering by quantifying the quality, time and cost scope of solutions to enquiries
- Be able to identify and implement process and product change resulting in safety, cost, or customer improvements.
What experience do I need to apply for this role?
- Minimum BSc/BA in related STEM discipline.
- Robust knowledge of IT systems and software, especially Microsoft Office.
- Full UK Driving license.
- Must be able to create, track and follow project planning using structured methods
- Highly desirable - Expertise in traffic systems including ANPR technology for use in low emission zones, congestion charging, fixed and average speed systems.
- Desirable – Knowledge and experience of regulatory framework and accreditation processes for civil and criminal enforcement systems.
- Highly Desirable - SQL Server or MySQL working knowledge
- Highly Desirable – Knowledge of IP communications, routing, switching, VPNs for network design
- Desirable - Linux and Windows environment configuration including virtualization.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 109603
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time