The demand for mobility is growing all over the world. Transporting people and goods to all corners of the earth presents challenges for the infrastructure of national economies. This applies, in particular, to the transport and logistics facilities of cities: Will cities be able to solve the problems caused by increasing road traffic? Can public transportation help them avoid total gridlock? How can railway operators increase the efficiency and safety of their systems? How can rail and road traffic be integrated? How can logistics supply chains be further optimized as freight volumes continue to increase steadily?
The Mobility Division provides answers to all of these questions with its comprehensive portfolio; because modern, interconnected and IT-based mobility is the core competency of its five business units: Mobility Management, Turnkey Projects & Electrification, Rolling Stock and Customer Services. They have the know-how to make road traffic flow more smoothly and quickly, make trains more environmentally friendly and efficient, make train schedules and freight shipments more reliable. We work with our customers to develop optimal solutions to help overcome their challenges.
We are looking for talent to work on these challenges.
What are my responsibilities?
Design Manager (Traction Power Systems)
- Responsible for leading the engineering, design activities for electrification projects i.e. design deliverable completion, clarification meetings with client, follow up with external consultants on submissions, vendors.
- System Engineering support for the tender / bids.
- Work closely with Siemens AG design teams and engineering on the customer requirement, coordinate design verification and submission to customer.
- System interface and configuration management with others sub-contractors/sub-units of Siemens.
- Monitor the design change requests, implement action plan for the affected systems until the successful completion.
- Work closely with Project teams, Interfacing, T&C teams including coordinate with various interface partner.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Has acquired strong foundation as an Electrical Engineer.
- Minimum of 10 years relevant professional experience, after tertiary education in the design management of high voltage and traction power supply electrification systems for rail transit systems and infrastructure projects.
- Good experience in AC and DC Electrification systems including Control and Protections.
- Added advantage for experience on Overhead catenary systems (OCS / OCR).
- Added advantage for simulation studies for DC traction power systems.
- Good experience in handling medium to high complexity of solution projects.
- Well verse of Local transportation operators and legal requirement.
- Adaptable to different working environments and customer working terms and conditions.
- Strong and effective communicator at all levels within the Business – and in front of new and existing customers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job ID: 109622
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time