Do you want to contribute to the future of healthcare? Siemens Healthineers value those who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause, our company’s name is dedicated to our employees. It’s their pioneering spirit, blended with our long history of engineering in the ever evolving healthcare industry that truly makes us unique as an employer.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to stretch beyond your comfort zone in order to grow both personally and professionally. Sound interesting?
Come and join our team as Strategic Procurement Engineer.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career
Your mission and responsibilities:
Early Procurement Involvement
Be actively involved in the product development / manufacturing process as well as implement cost reduction measures (design to cost, target costing, standardisation, key data, etc.) to achieve the target costs for materials and reduce the overall material costs by fulfilling the necessary functions. Closely align with SCM, R&D community and Procurement (Commodity Managers, Buyers).
Early Supplier Integration
Include suppliers and contribute to cost-benefit analysis workshops, innovation workshops and concept competitions with key suppliers in order to concentrate on the key functions of the components/projects.
Alignment of Product- and Supplier Roadmaps
Introduce and follow up given cross-functional Procurement strategies to ensure the linkage of internal strategies and technological supplier/market trends.
Negotiation and Supplier Management
Executing supplier negotiation, contracting and supplier management in alignment with Commodity Management for local and business specific supplier
Prepare and drive cross-functional sourcing decisions with interface partners considering the overall business and purchasing strategy.
Supplier Management: Technology
Assess and develop suppliers - jointly with interface partners- in order to concentrate on the best suppliers according the TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) concept.
Be involved in and provide corresponding support for new product development projects –in order to provide optimum input for quotes, supplier engagement workshops, Bill of Material assessments and realisation of potential for savings in the project.
Participate in work groups and work in projects in order to stay informed and keep and others informed, and exert influence at an early stage. Partner with cross functions on site, within Procurement and within the Business Area Diagnostics/Healthineers.
To find out more about the specific business, have a look at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-uk/about/factories/smt
Your qualifications and experience:
- Industry experience within a Mechanical component manufacturing business
- Significant work experiences preferably with some years experiences in technical procurement
- Experience in supplier interfacing, communication with supplier and project management
- Ability to discuss designs with supplier to optimise Designs for manufacture
- BSc/BEng in a related discipline, advanced degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Your personality and skills:
- Ability to analyse material cost breakdowns and accuracy based on market values through strong analytical skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Advanced technical skills assessing supplier capabilities
- Experience of complex problem resolution
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Global mindset & good networking skills
- Self-determined and goal oriented, strategic, proactive and team player with the drive to implement changes
- Ability to travel 10 - 15%
Your cultural fit:
Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas.
Job ID: 109632
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time