The Siemens Tram Consortium (STC) is currently building the flagship Tram system, called People Mover System (PMS) for Qatar Education City (QEC) in Doha/Qatar. The People Mover System (PMS) is the first low floor catenary-free tram system in the world. It uses a Hybrid Energy System (HES) which incorporates a combination of super-capacitors and batteries to power the tram between charging locations along the line. It is manually operated on line of sight rules and the system is being designed in compliance with BO Strab regulations and guidance. There is 11 km of track serving both North and South Campuses of Education City and will employ 19 trams using the Avenio tram chassis by Siemens.
Siemens is setting up the team to operate and maintain the system once completed and requires experienced Operation Personnel for the Operations & Maintenance Control Centre (OMCC).
What are my responsibilities?
- Designing all QEC PMS timetables and rosters according to operational constraints;
- Ensures scheduling, coordination and planning of works based on the Operations Plan requirements, staff rosters and availability of the PMS system;
- Elaborates and adjusts the timetables and the resulting staff rosters for Tram Drivers, supervisors and controllers;
- Assists during Testing and Commissioning activities;
- Assigns drivers to the shifts and coordinates vacation of drivers as signed by the Operations Manager;
- Ensures periodical operational service and performance reports and collects other data for overall management reports such as ridership reports;
- Informs the Operations Manager about all planning irregularities that may have impact to the service;
- Assists in investigations for improvement of operational plans;
- Cooperates with the OMCC Operations Controllers in case of timetable adjustments for special events;
- Assists the OMCC Chief Controller in the provision of operations data in order to update the operations dashboard;
- Assists during safety & quality audits;
- Perform duties assigned by Operations Manager.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Minimum 3 years of experience in planning process and rosters management in rail transport environment;
- Hands on experience and solid knowledge on application of Excel formulas & tools;
- An understanding of the fundamentals of track layout design along with signaling principles;
- Detailed working knowledge of principles of Timetable Planning Rules;
- Excellent analytical, numeracy and problem-solving skills;
- Good understanding of rail public transport operations process and rules & procedures;
- Ability to understand legislation (Local Government Laws, Fatigue Guide etc.) impacting timetable and roster planning;
- Experience in reading and understanding of contractual requirements;
- Minimum height requirement is 160 cm;
- Meets requirements of Class One fitness;
- Good command of spoken and written English language;
- Good analysis and reporting skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to manage priorities and assimilate new technical knowledge;
- Team player, results orientated with high attention to detail;
- Ability to work on multiple tasks or projects and prioritize effectively;
- The ability to work both individually and effectively within a team.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at
How do I apply ?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process. *LI-NP
Job ID: 109833
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time