The Siemens Tram Consortium (STC) is currently building the flagship Tram system, called People Mover System (PMS) for Qatar Education City (QEC) in Doha/Qatar. The People Mover System (PMS) is the first low floor catenary-free tram system in the world. It uses a Hybrid Energy System (HES) which incorporates a combination of super-capacitors and batteries to power the tram between charging locations along the line. It is manually operated on line of sight rules and the system is being designed in compliance with BO Strab regulations and guidance. There is 11 km of track serving both North and South Campuses of Education City and will employ 19 trams using the Avenio tram chassis by Siemens.
Siemens is setting up the team to operate and maintain the system once completed and requires experienced Operation Personnel for the Operations & Maintenance Control Centre (OMCC).
Monitoring, Supervising, Controlling and Mentoring of the Tram Drivers. Providing on-site and off-site operational support in order to obtain the safe and efficient Tram services across the QEC PMS Network.
What are my responsibilities?
- Monitors and controls tram operations (delays, quality of service, etc.) daily in cooperation with the Operations & Maintenance Control Centre (OMCC);
- Assess the daily performance of the Tram Drivers in liaison with Operation Manager;
- Periodically assess the Performance level of the Tram Drivers in close co-ordination with the Training Department and the Operation Manager in order to further define the needs for additional or refresher training within the framework of QEC PMS Competency Management System;
- Conduct weekly/monthly/quarterly feedback sessions with drivers;
- Forecast the requirement of Tram Drivers in order to deliver the punctual schedule, during Special events;
- To Respond on absence of scheduled Tram Drivers and arrange for alternate staff;
- Performs daily checks of the Tram Drivers obliging the uniforms, Drugs and Alcohol policy;
- Monitor the status of all equipment’s and facilities on the mainline, stations/stops and takes appropriate remedial actions when required and reports to the OMCC Maintenance Controller;
- Act as an Incident Manager, unless a higher manager takes over, and liaises with emergency services, OMCC and QEC PMS Executive Management;
- Conduct and support safety and quality investigations (degraded operations, incidents, accidents) and Audits;
- Makes proposals for improvement of tram operations;
- Assists during T&C activities;
- Perform duties assigned by Operations Manager.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- At least 3 years of passenger operations experience either in a tram, train or metro rail environment;
- A qualified Degree holder in any field, preferably technical stream;
- Minimum height requirement is 160 cm;
- · A valid driving license holder and should be capable to obtain Qatar Driving License;
- · Meets requirements of Class One fitness;
- Good command over spoken and written English language;
- Good understanding of rail operations rules, regulations & procedures;
- Ability to analyses, react and make decisions in accordance with operations rules and procedures;
- Hands on experience and knowledge of working with MS Office Software;
- Good understanding of safety/environmental/quality rules;
- Ability to develop operations related rules, regulations and procedures;
- Good analysis and reporting skills;
- Ability to plan, organize and make decisions without supervision or guidance;
- Ability to organize tasks and set priorities;
- Possesses the military exemption;
- Ability to interact effectively and appropriately with subordinates and management.
What do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents – including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively – can be considered in the selection process
Job ID: 109834
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time