We spend 90 percent of our lives in buildings. It follows that the buildings where we spend our lives have an enormous impact on our lives. On what we do, how we feel, who we are, who we become. At Siemens, we believe that everything people do in life deserves a perfect place to do it. A perfect place to learn. A perfect place to grow. A perfect place to prosper. A perfect place for every stage of life.
How? By driving and trendsetting force which joins in proven leading-edge technologies to increase productivity. The Digital Factory (DF) Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products. In India, we have offices in Bengaluru, Chennai, Gurgaon, Noida, and Pune.
Setup Developer/Application Packager
We perform a lot of exciting roles at Digital Factory. Here, we’re hiring for a Programmers. In this role, you’ll work more as a Software Engineer in charge of one or more Software projects, Programmers also serve as Technical advisers to management and provide programming perspective on requirements. Join our team and we will offer you the opportunity to enter a special management career path.
We make real what matters
- We need you to support & implement to work in the areas of Industrial Automation and liaise with other Product development teams in order to design, develop, maintain and improve our products’ installation/setup and deployment architectures.
- You will Come up use of Siemens Frames to build MSI Packages, Setup Bundles, Boots trappers, Patches, Service Packs and Hot fixes. The role works with the Scrum Master in India & Product Owner in Germany..
What you need to make real what matters
- BE/ B.Tech with 3-7 years of experience in working with Application Packaging
- Windows Installer packaging (MSI, MST, MSP) with Install Shield / WIX / Install Aware etc.
- Identify and tackle client problems concerning installers.
- Crafting updates, Hot fixes and Service packs till product retirement.
- Collaborate with development teams in Setup Development / Build Engineering process.
- Experience with MS Build, Visual Studio Development Environment, Source Control & Team Foundation Server.
- Manage and oversee Build and Release Management activities, release branches/streams, and merging, Integration & Regression testing.
- Working experience in Windows 7, 8.1 and 10, Windows Server 2008, 2012 and 2016.
- Scripting- VBS, Batch, PowerShell & C#.
- Must be able to demonstrate deep technical troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Excellent understanding of Request Handling in Team Foundation Server & processes.
- Setup debugging for internal customer issues with quick resolution time
This role is primarily based at Bangalore. However, you may get the opportunity to visit other locations within India as and when the work demands.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Digital Factory at: http://www.siemens.co.in/en/our-businesses/digital-factory.htm and about Siemens careers at:
Job ID: 110001
Organization: Internet of Things
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time