The future of the UK’s Energy is in our hands. Join us and make it your job to see our ideas come to life.
Our growth and significant investment to step change connectivity products across our entire portfolio, has meant we are looking to expand our New Product Development Team. We are therefore looking for a variety of Development/ Design Engineers to join our award-winning site in Ulverston, Cumbria.
We want to have people in our team who have varying levels of experience, so you might have just completed our HNC/HND or Degree in Engineering or indeed have many years’ experience and be a well-versed design engineer- we are looking forward to receiving an application from you!
Your role will be to design & analyse new Subsea connectors which will then go into production at our on-site manufacturing site. To see what we do in more detail, please click on this link-https://www.youtube.co/watch?v=UvwZYJZAm2A
Our site in Ulverston is situated in a small market town located in South Cumbria on the edge of the beautiful Lake District National Park, ideal for people with a love of outdoor pursuits, with excellent road and rail links to the rest of the UK.
It’s incredibly important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in that we have a friendly, helpful and engaging culture. We also appreciate that development and training is important to many and that’s why we have a supportive environment which invests in our employee’s development, whether that’s Chartership, training or mentoring.
Have a look at what it’s like to work at Siemens - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vmmNjaEr04
Change the future with us
- Design our new Subsea connectors which will include; conceptual and detail design, analysis, qualification and production support
- Make technical decisions within a package or scope of work
- Engage in all technical activities
- Ensure all technical tasks are performed in compliance with the departmental processes for technical scope control, quality and health & safety
- Produce CAD generated assembly and scope of supply drawings
- Define and compile procedures for qualification testing, production assembly, production FAT Testing and site installation and the associated technical data sheets and reports
- Provide support in technical meetings at client or supplier facilities
- Engage in process and continual improvement initiatives
Use your skills to move the world forward
- We are looking for people who have experience or an HNC/ HND / Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Electronic engineering
- A mechanical or electro-mechanical design background in precision products
- 3D CAD experience
- Basic engineering skills (concept design, detail design, detail drawing, tolerance stack-up analysis, design review)
- Knowledge of the basic principles of engineering with respect to mechanical systems (mechanical analysis, Forces, Moments, Stresses) and / or Knowledge of the basic principles of engineering with respect to electrical / electronic systems (AC / DC voltages, electronic application, telecommunication design).
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. Siemens are constantly innovating and pushing the boundaries in how digitalisation is shaping the future of the energy industry; we need the best and brightest talent onboard to be able to support us on this journey.
Our Subsea Excellence Centre is based in Ulverston, Cumbria and we are recognised as a world leader in providing Subsea connectors for global oil and gas projects for over 30 years. This business will play a crucial part in the development of technology that Siemens is currently developing for use in water depths of up to 3,000 metres.
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary but also the opportunity for you to take part in our reward scheme which focuses on new designs and the opportunity for you to create and patent one of your ideas or inventions.
We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. In addition to this we offer 26 days holiday, up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme, employee discounts and a flexible benefits package to match your lifestyle needs.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Job ID: 110041
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Either