Lead Research Engineer – Image Analysis
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape. With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology
to the healthcare industry. As a global leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics, and healthcare information technology, we have a keen understanding of the entire patient care continuum—from prevention and early detection to diagnosis and treatment.
The Technology Center department occupies a special position within Siemens Healthineers. It functions as an international network of expertise and as a global partner for technology and innovations. Through its R&D activities across the globe, Technology Center helps secure the company's technological future and bolster its competitiveness.
The Technologies for Precision Medicine Research Group of Siemens Healthineers Technology Center in Bangalore, India is looking to recruit candidate who has a keen interest and passion to work in cross-disciplinary environment where high-level competence in image processing methods and machine learning techniques is combined with deep knowledge of medical problems to be solved.
What are my responsibilities?
- Analyze and interpret imaging data to count, classify/label, and characterize objects (segmentation, feature analysis, object morphology, classification, clustering, optimization, computational geometry, convolutional neural networks)
- Develop, implement and optimize new algorithms for analysis of imaging features acquired using imaging technologies
- Conduct initial proof-of-concept experiments for assessing feasibility of imaging device ideas and contribute ideas to improve imaging performance
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to translate concepts and algorithms into prototypes
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Solid foundation in image analysis techniques. 3+ years of relevant experience in algorithm development in image segmentation, feature extraction, pattern classification, computational photography
- Post-graduate degree (Ph.D. is preferred) in Engineering, Sciences, Mathematics or similar fields
- Knowledge of C++, Python is highly desirable
- Experience in deep learning and convolutional neural networks and its applications to image analysis is highly desirable
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Creative, self-directed, and a team player with an ability to take ownership and accountability of assigned tasks
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of you ability as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role
Job ID: 110391
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time