The Siemens Tram Consortium (STC) is currently building the flagship Tram system, called People Mover System (PMS) for Qatar Education City (QEC) in Doha/Qatar. The People Mover System is the first low floor catenary-free tram system in the world. It uses a Hybrid Energy System (HES) which incorporates a combination of super-capacitors and batteries to power the tram between charging locations along the line. It is manually operated on line of sight rules and the system is being designed in compliance with BO Strab regulations and guidance. There is 11 km of track serving both North and South Campuses of Education City and will employ 19 trams using the Avenio tram chassis by Siemens.
Siemens is setting up the team to operate and maintain the system once completed and requires experienced Maintenance Personnel.
What are my responsibilities?
- Preventive and corrective maintenance including of repairs of the systems covered by the maintenance section in accordance with the instructions given by the superior personnel.
- Repair and maintenance function applicable to the maintenance department, responsible for maintaining of infrastructure and railway related sub-systems.
- Electrical, electronic or mechanical field engineer and at least three years of work experience.
- Survey and repair mechanical systems to ensure they are consistent with health and safety standards
- Perform maintenance of electrical and mechanical systems e.g. HVAC Systems, Lighting Control, Low Voltage Power Supply systems, Fire Fighting Alarm systems, Track Work
- Inspect railway related sub-systems and schedule repairs when needed
- Perform manual repairs when necessary
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work area while completing tasks related to maintenance, repair or installation
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Diploma / Degree as electrical or mechanical technician for Air Condition Mechanics and certified in pneumatic & hydraulic & pump systems
- Maintenance Experience and knowledge is required in one or more fields as listed below:
- min 5 years’ Experience with Track Work or Building Unit Services e.g. HVAC Systems, Lighting Control, Low Voltage Power Supply systems, Fire Fighting Alarm systems
- Use of CMMS Software, e.g. MAXIMO
- Valid motor vehicle driving license is appreciated
- Able to communicate in good English language and can read technical manual
- Has a good knowledge in tools and equipment
- Ability to work in a team
- Attention to detail
- Professional manner
- Communication skills
- Demonstrated experience as maintenance technician
- Basic understanding of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, cooling and other systems
- Knowledge of general maintenance processes and methods
- Able to work well with minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritize tasks and follow specified procedures
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process. *LI-NP
Job ID: 110404
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time