Siemens Mobility Rolling Stock division are currently recruiting for a Planning Manager to support our Thameslink Fleet. Based out of either Three Bridges or Hornsey, the Planning Manager will be responsible for the medium and long term planning needs of the Class 700 Thameslink Desiro city fleet. Ensuring that the maintenance management systems and processes are adhered to by the production teams and be a key interface to the PMO in terms of scheduling of new maintenance requirements above and beyond standard balanced light maintenance activity.
What will be my Responsibilities?
- Liaison with the manufacturer and other relevant stakeholders on progress and scheduling of modifications.
- Ensuring that all prerequisites to commence new maintenance activity are covered prior to commencing work (e.g. approved procedures, sourcing of tooling and spares, mobilisation of supply chain)
- Auditing of maintenance management system to ensure Siemens remain compliant to the Vehicle Maintenance Schedule.
- Take full responsibility for medium and long-term planning by working in conjunction with Production to ensure short term plans are considered, Overhaul, Central Engineering and the MSS team. To include the planning of major components (i.e. wheel sets, gearboxes, traction motors) and overhaul and optimisation programmes.
- Interrogate Maintenance Management System (MMS) to ensure the 333 document and the CLE report are kept up to date and all components are within certification.
- Strategically plan material and resources for items due within the 180 day report.
- Raising data correction requests in conjunction Materials and Fleet Performance Teams; liaison with all departments to ensure continued compliance.
- Complete regular data “audits” to ensure component exchanges have been correctly entered into the MMS.
- Compile regular reports for Senior Management to demonstrate maintenance integrity is being managed.
- Establish, develop and monitor train examination star charts and associated block cards in conjunction with the Maintenance Process Engineering team.
- Collaboration with internal and external customers to meet current needs and develop a good work relationship
What Qualifications and Experience do I need?
- Experience in rolling stock maintenance involving planning systems and railway operating constraints, demonstrate the ability to analyse information effectively with excellent attention to detail.
- Experience of productivity planning.
- Good knowledge of relevant IT systems and software.
- Ability to develop and operate databases.
- Good communication skills both oral and written.
- Knowledge of TACT, Equinox or CORMAP
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 110673
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time