If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In the fiscal year 2017, which ended on September 30, 2017, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €8.1billion and had around 28,400 employees worldwide.
Digitalization confronts many enterprises with great challenges and will change the processes immensely within the next years. Also Siemens Mobility faces these tasks with our help.
We are looking for a PLM expert who accepts this task and stands beside our users at their transformation to a digital enterprise with his experience and enthusiasm.
Here's where you make the difference
- You are driving the operation and the continuous further development of our Windchill SAP interface. This interface is used at all engineering sites of the Siemens Mobility worldwide and supports the creation and management of materials, documents and bill of materials in SAP and Windchill PDMLink.
- In doing this, you will coordinate with the participating engineering departments, other IT specialist departments as well as external developers and suppliers.
- As a PLM specialist you will analyze the requirements of our users and elaborate solutions, always with the background of an optimal economic practicability.
- You will prepare system updates and support tool analysis, tests, documentation, debugging and error correction.
- The further development of the knowledge base including user documentation and tests, implementation and release of new features are also part of your task spectrum.
- You will be part of IT projects influencing the interface functionality or Windchill processes.
- Thereby you are using tools for the service management (e.g. Mantis) and test management (e.g. Polarion).
What you should have
- You have successfully finished studies in computer science, mechanical engineering or a comparable qualification with corresponding additional skills.
- Within your multi-annual relevant professional experience you have acquired knowledge in configuration, installation and customer specific extension of PLM systems including interfaces for third party systems (e.g. ERP) as well as a high degree of process understanding.
- You can convince us with distinctive expertise in Windchill PDMLink, especially in configuration and authorization management, specific object types and management of bill of materials. You are experienced in the operation of customizations.
- Ideally, you have experience in the field of engineering processes, interaction with internal departments or users in construction, simulation, work preparation and manufacturing.
- Skills in service management, version management and methods to describe processes and their realization in technical uses cases, user stories and workflows are desirable.
- Furthermore, ideally knowledge in SAP, Creo, web, cloud and database technology is desirable.
- A sound knowledge of English and German as an advantage
What we can offer to you
- Work with the emphasis on quality and reliability
- Stable background of the Siemens Mobility company
- 5 weeks of holiday allowance, flexible work hours, comfortable working environment, home office, kindergarten, all for better relax and work-life balance
- Individual budget for benefits which can be changed to combination of up to 8 days of bonus holidays, credits for cafeteria system and pension/life insurance allowance
- Electronic meal vouchers
- Multisport card
- A modern workplace in Prague with excellent proximity to public transport (next to metro B Stodůlky station)
Job ID: 110706
Company: Siemens Mobility, s.r.o.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time