Together we make the difference
Siemens Mobility is an independent managed company of Siemens AG. Its core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems, intelligent road traffic technology and related services.
The Information Technology (IT) department has the global responsibility for the internal IT of Siemens Mobility. Its goal is to provide a robust and efficient IT landscape derived from business and market demands.
Your personality and individuality make the difference. In our team, we increase business performance and point the way into the digital age.
Is that exactly your thing? Then live your passion in a cross-location team in which you can actively shape the future of our company. You open up new possibilities for our customers with your competence. Connected with this is an exciting career path that leads you to ever new projects and solutions in the field of IT for Siemens Mobility.
Here's where you make the difference
- You are administrating the operation of our Windchill system in an international team and support the continuous adaption of our system landscape to new requirements and technologies.
- In doing this, you will coordinate with the participating suppliers, other IT specialist departments, engineering departments as well as external developers.
- As a PLM specialist you will analyze the requirements of our users and elaborate solutions, always with the background of an optimal economic practicability.
- You will develop concepts for the optimization of our Windchill and converter landscape, prepare system changes and updates, support tool analysis, tests, documentation, debugging and error correction.
- Especially you will support the further development of our solutions for provision of 3D neutral data basing on Creo View, JT and STEP.
- Also the extension of the knowledge base including user documentation and tests, implementation and release of new features are part of your task spectrum.
- You will support the service management of our service “MCAD”, which includes all mechanical CAD applications currently in use, and you will be part of IT projects influencing the functionality of Windchill processes.
- Thereby you are using tools for the service management (e.g. Mantis) and test management (e.g. Polarion).
What do I bring with me?
- You have successfully finished studies in computer science, mechanical engineering or a comparable qualification with corresponding additional skills.
- Within your multi-annual relevant professional experience you have acquired knowledge in installation, configuration and customer specific extension of PLM systems as well as a high degree of process understanding.
- You can convince us with distinctive expertise in Windchill PDMLink, the management of neutral formats and object relations within PLM systems.
- You bring along sound knowledge in operating systems Linux and Windows as well as network technologies, the integration of customization, firewalls, load balancing and WAN acceleration is no new territory for you.
- Ideally, you have experience in the field of engineering processes, interaction with internal departments or users in construction, simulation, work preparation and manufacturing.
- Skills in service management, version management and methods to describe processes and their realization in technical uses cases, user stories and workflows are desirable.
- Furthermore, ideally knowledge in Creo, web, cloud and database technology is desirable.
- Very good English skills (minimum C1).
- Highly self-motivated.
- Ability to drive change.
- Willingness to travel (approx. 20%).
- Work with the emphasis on quality and reliability.
- Stable background of the Siemens Mobility company.
- 5 weeks of holiday allowance, flexible work hours, comfortable working environment, home office, kindergarten, all for better relax and work-life balance.
- Individual budget for benefits which can be changed to combination of up to 8 days of bonus holidays, credits for cafeteria system and pension/life insurance allowance.
- Electronic meal vouchers.
- Multisport card,
- A modern workplace in Prague with excellent proximity to public transport (next to metro B Stodůlky station),
Job ID: 110733
Company: Siemens Mobility, s.r.o.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time