We have an exciting opportunity to join our Siemens Rolling Stock division in Northampton as Control Panel Administrator. You will play a key part in ensuring our rolling stock is moved around the depot in a safe manner. Reporting to the Production Manager, you will be responsible for the coordination and movement of trains, maintenance planning and train departure and conducting data entry activities within our in-house system so attention to detail is imperative to this role.
This is a shift based role that consists of days and nights on a rotating weekly roster.
- Working closely with the Depot Controller (DC), you will set depot infrastructure for depot train movements
- Liaise with the DC through two-way radio communication and record all depot arrivals and departures
- Work as part of the depot team, responding to requirements and Supervisor instruction, to ensure the depot is running efficiently
- Raise work reports from Maintenance Management System (MMS) as work is identified
- Update the MMS with fleet specific information; perform searches for information; raise job cards, assigning campaigns and work reports as necessary
- Complete job cards and relevant paperwork ensuring all information is accurately captured including labour, fault found, work carried out, material used and serial numbers where relevant, rejecting any forms with insufficient information.
- Archive maintenance paperwork accordingly
- Make use of the CCTV system as and when required and answer calls to gates when the reception is not manned
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- Someone who is qualified to an intermediate level in Microsoft Excel and Word, or demonstrates equivalent competency
- Accurate data input skills and excellent attention to detail
- Effective organisational and time management skills
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Aptitude for understanding technical information is desirable and will be developed as part of the role
- Successful completion of the Depot Controllers training course
- Ability to complete all records of actions and operations accurately and to procedures Safety critically assessed
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Make the future with us
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
Life at Siemens
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
Great minds think differently
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 110866
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time