We develop networks that power and heat our cities intelligently. And support NASA in their explorations of outer space. For these and many other future projects, we need smart thinkers who bring skill, creativity, and dedication to the table. People like you! Experienced researchers who boldly broaden horizons, true specialists, and clever minds who like to get to the bottom of things. In short, help us tackle the most exciting challenges and put into practice what really matters. We’ll give you the opportunity to really make a difference. So what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
What part will you play?
- You will lead data-driven analytic efforts that combine internal technical insights and market insights to optimize power generation assets under a variety of market scenarios.
- You develop the analytic modules required to facilitate market-driven product planning.
- The leadership of the development of software modules within the Prescriptive Marketing Analytic Suite lies in your hands.
- You perform and validate market and plant valuation forecasts using commercial power market forecasting software.
- You are required to collaborate with regional business partners to understand their needs, identify the analytic options and efforts and implement the agreed approach within budget and schedule.
- You will also collaborate with Siemens domain experts, data scientists and data and development platform team members as well as the internal marketing, sales and strategy customers.
- You support Market Strategy and Competitive Intelligence with Market and Plant-Level Simulations including the impact of policy changes on the Siemens fleet.
- The support of Negotiations by conducting Project-Specific Business Cases is one of your tasks.
- You have a degree (preferably at Master level) in Economics, Data Analytics Fields, Policy or Computer Science.
- You can offer min. 5 years' relevant experience in software development, project management or consulting, preferably in an agile software development environment.
- You have experience in EU power market economic analysis along with a good understanding of its dynamics and regulations. Familiarity with the Asian and Middle Eastern markets is an advantage.
- A deep understanding of how power and capacity markets operate is required as well as expertise in utility resource planning, asset valuation, market forecasting & market assessment.
- You have software experience with AuroraXMP, POLES, PLEXUS, PROMOD or equivalent, as well as knowledge of data analytics, statistics and visualization, preferably also some knowledge of machine learning or AI.
- Leadership skills and experiences as team leader are advantageous.
- Your profile is completed by fluent German and English skills.
+49 (9131) 17-1717 - if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team.
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 110918
Organization: Gas and Power
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time