With the start of the new Gas and Power Company, we will be uniquely positioned as the only company in the world that can provide fully integrated products, solutions, and services along the energy value chain. Making the world run is more complex today than ever. And, while our mission to help make the world run remains the same, how we do that will be dramatically different.
What part will you play?
- As a specialist in the thermodynamic and strength design of industrial steam turbines, you will join an agile, global and interdisciplinary team for the development of technical software (main users: R&D, quotation and engineering).
- Your area of responsibility includes the definition and development of calculation rules and algorithms for the blading of industrial steam turbines as well as their software implementation (programming) based on requirements and considering existing software solutions.
- You form an essential interface to the users, the technical experts and the software developers.
- You actively support the development, programming, maintenance, expansion and evolution of technical software (partly Legacy Fortran Code).
- As part of the team, you will also be involved in the software quality process (e.g. automated build and testing).
- You have a degree in mechanical engineering, energy technology or a comparable degree in natural sciences or engineering.
- Furthermore, you can score points in global, virtual and interdisciplinary teams with many years of experience in the development of technical software (algorithms, modern programming technologies).
- You have sound practical knowledge in the application of modern programming languages (e.g. C++, C#, FORTRAN, Python).
- In-depth knowledge of the design of turbomachinery and a basic understanding of the associated processes in the area of quotation and order processing round off your profile.
- You are very familiar with agile software development (AGILE, SCRUM).
- You possess a high degree of creativity and initiative with regard to support, consulting and solution development for internal customers and user groups.
- You are fluent in German and English, both spoken and written.
+49 (9131) 17-1717 - if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team.
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 111062
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time