We have lots of ideas about how to successfully drive digitalization in companies. For example, with open cloud platforms, highly developed security systems, and clever tools for developers. What is your role in this? Move the world from behind the scenes with your IT expertise and passion for game-changing information technology. Rethink IT and steer projects in completely new directions. Be bold when others would have given up. In short, play a key role in driving digitalization forward! We’ll provide the resources you need to do this. We also offer a variety of opportunities to get involved and to be part of a global network of IT experts and professionals. Welcome to our world!
What part will you play?
- You plan and implement a strategy for an optimized global GP IT infrastructure landscape inclusive of end-user applications and you provide regular information on the status of the infrastructure
- You will negotiate agreements with external and internal providers, ensure contracts are in place and performance complies with defined service levels
- You work collaboratively with business partners and senior leaders on innovation and technology initiatives and overall manage the execution of infrastructure related projects and ongoing operations
- You own global GP infrastructure budgets and leverage harmonization and optimization potential, together with potential cost savings
- You improve end-user experience, satisfaction and perception by leveraging existing technologies/services and by providing state-of-the art end-user infrastructure applications/services
- You are responsible for the delivery of resilient and efficient platforms with a strong monitoring system in place and take end-to-end responsibility
- Setting-up and maintaining a global User Engagement network in major locations and factories is expected from you
- The management of UseIT Centers in defined area of responsibility and the installation if needed, also belongs to your new area of responsibility
- You successfully completed your degree (preferably at Master level) in informatics or business administration
- You have at least 10 years of relevant professional experience within IT, Digitalization or a related field
- You have a deep understanding of IT Technology, incl. trends and market developments - and preferably also of different processes and roles in the Service Management area
- You already gained extensive experience in the management of cross-functional teams in a global and virtual environment and good understanding of managing autonomous and self-organized teams
- You know how to apply the full range of agile / lean principles autonomously in daily work / own area of responsibility
- You have a good understanding of Financial Planning, Value Flow and Charging Principles
- Fluent skills in English (German of advantage) plus excellent stakeholder management and communication skills are necessary to plan and collaborate on all levels (from senior leaders to users)
+49 (9131) 17-1717 - if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team.
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 111063
Organization: Gas and Power
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time