An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Commodity Manager to join our team in Lincoln. The Commodity Manager will have responsibility for total Purchasing Volume (PVO) of an assigned commodity, based on defined material. The role composes of the organisation, controlling and measurement of procurement activities supporting local business unit, whilst also collaborating with UK and global teams within the area of responsibility with the objective of establishing optimum total cost solutions with an excellent supplier base.
What are my responsibilities?
- Management Commodities (for specific material field) and foster cross-functional alignment within area of responsibility.
- Define Commodity structure and organisation in alignment with respective manager, develop and implement material productivity programs/ measures to achieve the maximum contribution to the targets.
- Define and implement commodity and pooling strategies (based on conducted demand, market and supplier analyses): evaluate and document in Commodity Strategy Master and update regularly; communicate the strategies to ensure long-term, cost-efficient supply of materials and strategic Global Value Sourcing.
- Define and implement negotiation concepts and strategies to maximise savings. Negotiate frame contracts and document all contracts in relevant Supplier Management IT-systems.
- Utilisation of eProcurement tools (eAuction/eBidding) to improve the procurement process and efficiency.
- Systematically forward all relevant procurement related information (e.g. updated contractual conditions, Supplier Management data) to ensure all stakeholders are up to date.
- Identify particular procurement risks, opportunities and market forces to avoid potential damage/ maximise potential opportunities through tailored risk management and change management
- Supplier Management: supplier selection, (incl. documentation and communication of preferred suppliers). Perform regular supplier and strategic evaluations, supplier qualification and supplier development to obtain and develop the best suppliers and to ensure an optimum supply chain.
- Early engagement with Engineering and Product Management to support new product introduction (or design to cost activities) to facilitate introduction of best suppliers to ensure optimum supply chain at early stages.
What experience do I need to apply for the role?
- It is essential that candidate has proven strategic procurement experience and ideally will be working towards or achieved MCIPS qualification or equivalent.
- Good communication skills as will be required to work with cross functional partners, including but not limited to Operations, Logistics, Product Management & Engineering. Candidate should be able to ask questions, tests assumptions and openly discuss issues to keep commitments within this team.
- Ability to set and work towards a specific goal, especially business goals, identifies risks and plans for contingencies to ensure delivery.
- Identify opportunities in own area to contribute to the commercial success of the company.
- Need to be well organised, able to work well under pressure and change priorities at short notice as and when the need should arise.
- Ideally intermediate knowledge of: Excel, Word, Outlook, SAP experience.
Job ID: 111173
Organization: Gas and Power
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time