Production Automation Engineer
The Production Automation Engineer function of Siemens Traffic Solutions drives in the process of introducing new products to manufacturing.
You should have an in-depth knowledge of most Information Technology techniques and should be an expert in several. you will be capable of high quality and sustained output, and show flexibility when assigned to the various tasks in production and related disciplines.
You will integrate well as a member of a team, take collective responsibility for the quality of the teams output, report and communicate any problems arising and contribute towards the solution of any such problems. The job holder should also be capable of keeping up to date with new technology, equipment and practice, and contribute towards the training of other team members
- Good knowledge of Spiridon, Teamcentre and Microsoft Office skills would be essential. Plus any data management or processing using and creating databases would be an advantage.
- A comprehensive understanding of engineering material master data and material costing elements of the current business system are desirable. You will be able to identify major problems within the role and effect solutions. A basic understanding of PCB CAD system would be an advantage. Good knowledge and understanding of Information Technology processes and practices are essential, some experience of data handling essential.
- Excellent Communication skills - You will be expected to participate fully in cross functional and manufacturing team meetings and have involvement with some external customers.
- Responsible for accurate manufacturing data ensuring it is available as early as possible in the design lifecycle. Determining what data is required and if not currently available how it can be obtained. This will include maintaining various aspects of the business database.
- Great interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and promote good working relationships with all levels and departments within the business. You must be able to adapt your approach so as to gain the necessary buy-in and support to efficiently perform your role.
- Have excellent Planning/Objective setting skills with the ability to meet deadline. You will need to be self-motivated completer finisher who is able to meet timescales and also be able to set timescales for others to meet overall deadlines
- You will be a problem solver using your own initiative to resolve a variety of semi-complex tasks within the business.
- Having an analytical mind for understanding and providing IT solutions to complex issues would be an advantage.
- You will support the Technical Specialist (CAD CAM) within Manufacturing.
- Previous experience in an Engineering/Manufacturing and Administrative related background would be beneficial. With an understanding of tracking project costs using spreadsheets would be beneficial.
- Configuration and support of factory specific IT hardware & Software tools
- Configuration and support of factory specific PCs
- First line support for manufacturing IT processes and equipment
- Support other Microsoft Access databases as necessary (CadQ, Partfinder, )
- Support current MES systems and ancillary software & reporting tools
- Maintenance of SQL database for Silux
- Create SQL reporting tools as required
- Develop automation / digitalisation sollutions within the factory
- First line support for the Silux line and associated IT infrastructure
- Develop the process for integrating the PCB CAD data with other production processes.
- Provide general support to the Manufacturing Technical Support function as required.
- Document processes and methods
- Major Incident key user
- Team Centre expert user , supporting other users
- Develops and maintains an awareness of modern IT practices and processes.
- To openly work with all business functions and levels, encouraging and supporting the best use of STC resources to achieve business objectives
- Take an active role in Health and Safety matters.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 111200
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time