You will work closely with Manufacturing, Quality and Service to coordinate platform enhancements, implement cost reduction projects, drive corrective actions in response to field issues, respond to new regulatory requirements and mitigate manufacturing supply risk and manufacturing quality issues for our blood gas and urinalysis product lines.
You will also be responsible for providing electrical support to your team and daily activities will include investigating hardware complaints, researching and implementing alternative instrument components and designs, identifying lower cost solutions, developing project schedules, defining V&V plans and ensuring on time execution of plans.
To find out more about the specific business, have a look at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-uk/point-of-care-testing
Your qualifications and experience:
- B.Eng or M.Eng degree in Electrical Engineering, with significant experience in electronics development for instrumentation (at least five years or more)
- Good understanding of basic multidisciplinary engineering fundamentals and experience working with multi-disciplinary teams
- Hands-on experience with analog and digital design, board layout and qualification, programmable logic and control system development, especially for electromechanical devices
- The ability to function well both independently and as part of an integrated team
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Experience with OrCAD, Mentor Graphics PADS, Mentor Graphics Expedition, Microsoft Office or equivalent programs is necessary
- Experience with stepper motor controls, LabVIEW and Minitab is a plus but not essential
Being part of our team:
Do you want to contribute to the future of healthcare? Siemens Healthineers value those who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause, our company’s name is dedicated to our employees. It’s their pioneering spirit, blended with our long history of engineering in the ever evolving healthcare industry that truly makes us unique as an employer.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Your cultural fit:
Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas.
We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation. We can offer different flexible working options at Sudbury depending on the role you’re applying for. We’re be happy to talk through these options with you during the application process.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Manufacturing Ltd
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time