The Siemens Tram Consortium (STC) is currently building the flagship Tram system, called People Mover System (PMS) for Qatar Education City (QEC) in Doha/Qatar. The People Mover System is the first low floor catenary-free tram system in the world. It uses a Hybrid Energy System (HES) which incorporates a combination of super-capacitors and batteries to power the tram between charging locations along the line. There is 11 km of track serving both North and South Campuses of Education City and will employ 19 trams using the Avenio tram chassis by Siemens.
Siemens is setting up the team to operate and maintain the system once completed and requires experienced Maintenance Personnel.
Position holder will be in charge for Management and supervision of the personnel working within the Track work and Building Unit Services Section.
What are my responsibilities?
- Maintenance Work Order Planning
- Transforming of maintenance data into electronically useable formats and implement in CMMS applications (MAXIMO)
- Planning and administration of regular Maintenance Work Orders (Preventive) in CMMS applications (MAXIMO)
- Planning and administration of Maintenance Work Orders (Corrective) in CMMS applications (MAXIMO)
- Storage of maintenance and other office data in CMMS applications (MAXIMO)
- Preparation of Maintenance related Data for Reporting in CMMS applications (MAXIMO)
- Establishing, creation and preparation of regular Data Reporting for Management
- Advises and supports users in CMMS applications and trouble shouting
- Support upgrades, implementations and modifications of the CMMS applications (MAXIMO)
- Maintain Data and Software of the CMMS applications (MAXIMO)
- Password, logging and network administration of the CMMS applications (MAXIMO)
- Investigate the needs for system optimization
- Support of maintenance staff in the maintenance of systems with non-embedded software
- Production of hardware records / Asset Registers
- Initiation of hardware repairs with IT Department
- Assistance in the selection and purchase of suitable hard - and software
- Setup of computerized maintenance programs and office software
- Designing and writing of data sheets
- Extracting data and assist in the writing of comprehensive reports
- Assistance in the system analysis including of
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Has a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information System or similar good knowledge in MAXIMO is a must knowledge of BIRT is an advantage
- Is 30 years or above
- Is in good physical condition (meets requirements of fitness class 1)
- Five years of work experience
- Three years computer administration experience
- Two years of experience in a managerial role
- Good command of both the spoken and written English language
- Excellent computer skills
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process.
Job ID: 111230
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time