Siemens is a global powerhouse in electronics and electrical engineering, actively operating in more than 190 countries. We’re offering a wide range of pioneering products for energy efficiency, industrial productivity, affordable healthcare and intelligent infrastructure, with a quickly growing focus on sustainability. To find answers to the toughest questions of our time, we need open-minded and curious people who dare to ask them. Just like the more than hundreds of thousands of people in Siemens. And maybe just like you.
We are looking for a software engineer who will contribute to the R&D activities of the team. Our general research direction is related to energy systems which covers broad range of possible applications. Having out-of-the-box thinking on this position you will be able to fulfill your interest in applied research and will have a chance to implement your ideas into business of Siemens.
What are responsibilities?
General areas of responsibilities cover:
• Web-based software development for industrial applications in agile team
• Development of optimization & diagnostics algorithms for power grids with distributed generation (optimal placement of protective devices, energy storage systems, hydrolysis cells, etc.)
• Ramp-up and coordination of research projects with universities
• Proposition and development of own innovative ideas for the sake of contribution to the teams’ R&D portfolio
• Patenting of ideas contributing to the company’s intellectual property portfolio
What are requirements?
• MSc degree in technical sciences (or equivalent experience)
• Experience in algorithms development using Python, MATLAB, R (>3 years)
• Proven successful industry experience
• Great interest and motivation for applied research
• Creative thinking and willingness to get knowledge in various technical domains (power engineering, gas turbines design & operation, etc.)
• Communication skills and readiness to work in a team as well as individually, ability to prioritize work
• Fluent English
Would be beneficial
• PhD degree in technical sciences
• Knowledge in machine learning/data mining/signal processing/AI
• Experience with Cloud Computing, e.g. AWS, MS Azure
• Contribution to journals/blogs/professional community resources
What else should I know?
• Full time position
• Corporate medical insurance
• Corporate pension program
• Corporate trainings
• Fitness compensation
• Lunch compensation
• Relocation support for candidates from outside of St. Petersburg