he Medium Voltage (MV) Business Unit of Siemens Energy is looking for highly qualified and energetic Engineers for our LV Motor Control Centers Business Segment.
Essential Job Functions:
• To serve as a communication bridge between Queretaro Factory assembly lines and MV-US Engineering team, during the manufacturing of Low Voltage Motor Control Centers.
• Analyze technical specifications implementing an appropriate product solution to meet the customers’ expectations in cost-effective and timely manner.
• Be part of the Engineering quality culture providing feedback of the Quality of the deliverables from Engineering to different assembly lines.
• Ensure clean Engineering and Drafting deliverables by analyzing the most common failures and approving their corrective actions, and follow up of their implementation.
• Provide Guidance and leadership to the team during the analysis of daily conflicts.
• Identify potential risks for failures and implement preventive actions with the Engineering and Drafting teams, to prevent the occurrence of a defect in the Engineering and Drafting deliverables.
• Understand that job descriptions change over time. You are expected to maintain competence, awareness, and compliance with your job.
• Treat all Siemens information and customer information in a confidential manner.
• Understand and efficiently use Microsoft Office AutoCAD and Engineering Base
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills in the English language; must be fluent in English.
• Proven experience working with electrical distribution products and systems.
• Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering.
• Ability to analyze customer’s technical specifications regarding the application of protection and control systems and apply appropriate product solutions to meet the customers’ expectations in cost-effective and timely manner.
• 4+ years of Electrical design/drafting experience with protection and control or engineering firms.
• Proven ability to create, convert & modify drawings with Electrical CAD software.
• Ability to read, understand and evaluate electrical schematics to identify errors or potential improvements.
• Strong work ethic and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done with high quality and in a professional manner.
• Ability to work overtime and weekends as necessary.
• Proven experience with Microsoft Excel.
• Technical knowledge of the Electrical Products industry.
• Ability to multitask, managing large workloads and business demands.
• An ideal candidate is detailed orientated and able to embrace a culture of quality.
Considered a plus but not required:
• A Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering is a plus with extra consideration given if degree concentration is in the area of power systems.
• Familiarity with ANSI, IEEE, UL and NEMA standards for MV Switchgear.
• Experience with electrical design for medium voltage switchgear
• Electrical design/drafting experience with Engineering Base (Microsoft Visio) and/or AutoCAD Electrical