Job title: Graduate Quantity Surveyor
Here at Siemens we build a better world using greener energy, cutting-edge software and ingenious inventions – We need innovative and ambitious individuals to explore the varied, exciting areas of our business.
Energy systems are changing - fundamentally and fast. The importance of individual energy sources and options for power generation are changing, as are the ways in which electricity is transmitted and distributed. Power generation is becoming more and more decentralized making grid management increasingly complex. Electrical consumption continues to steadily rise all over the world.
Meeting these challenges requires cutting-edge products and services covering the entire energy value chain. Specifically, it calls for a comprehensive portfolio of physical and digital technologies, products and solutions that allow us to actively build our energy future. The Siemens portfolio ranges from state-of-the-art compressors, turbines and generators to virtual power plants, intelligent grid management and innovative storage solutions - all backed up by exceptional service offerings and genuine commitment to effectively address our customers’ individual needs.
We are looking for Quantity Surveyor Graduates to join our commercial team in Manchester. Upon joining Siemens, you will be expected to partake in various events, workshops and seminars specifically set up for Siemens graduates.
Additionally, you will be given ample opportunity to experience and learn how to overcome many of the issues within construction. These may include:
- Familiarisation with the rules and processes of measurement to allow take-offs of quantities from tender and construction drawings
- Learn how to prepare bills of quantities and pricing schedules
- Learn how to source prices and build up rates for construction/building works
- Familiarisation with construction methods/plant/processes
- Assist in document preparation and compilation for contract formation allowing familiarisation with the structure and forms of contract
- Assist/learn how to carry out tender reviews including both commercial and technical aspects
- Assist in analysis and preparation of contractual claims
- Assist in and learn methods for cost monitoring/reporting
- Development of formal report writing skills
- Development of interpersonal skills
In addition to this, you will have the chance to complete our internal training programme to become a recognized Commercial Manager within the company.
You will have achieved or be on track to achieve a B.Sc. in Quantity Surveying or Construction Economics. You may also have B.Eng. in Civil Engineering however you must be willing to complete a masters in Quantity Surveying if this is the case.
What else do I need to know?
Various factors will dominate the power transmission market in the years to come: the drive toward renewable energy, the expansion and interconnection of grid infrastructures, and the need to gradually replace and upgrade aging grid infrastructures. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life.
We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 352,000 great minds building the future, one day at a time. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Job ID: 111510
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time