We are recruiting for a Management Accountant to join our Finance team based in Tyne and Wear supporting our Energy Automation business within Siemens. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a diverse and challenging environment where you will be responsible for the provision of finance and commercial data, supporting all Operations and Engineering teams, and Project Managers, under the guidance of the Finance and Commercial Manager.
Areas of Responsibility:
• Management of the Finance and Commercial aspects of all projects.
• You will manage one direct report, and provide supervision, development and staff appraisals
• Strong assistance in close down of month end and period results
• Management of Income Statement down to Gross Margin level
• Assistance with month end reports
• Driving and assisting the Project Managers, and engineering team
• Ensuring the governance of Non-conformance costs (NCCs) is applied appropriately.
• Maintenance and completion of bespoke customer reporting
• Ensure that the process of planning/forecasting and reporting is robust within own area and in line with Divisional requirements. Ensure that effective review mechanisms are in place to support the achievement of objectives and to highlight deviations in a timely manner.
• Ensure that Corporate / Divisional guidelines and controls are effectively deployed to optimise results and minimise risks to the business area.
• Providing Contractual Advice to Project Teams.
• Assisting Procurement & Technical staff in the placing of Purchase Orders and Sub Contracts with regards to Terms & Conditions of Contract.
• Ensure that agreed processes are effectively deployed and reviewed regularly for potential improvement and Best Practice sharing and wherever practical ensure a uniform and consistent approach within the Business Area / Division.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge required:
• Part Qualified Accountant - CIMA (or equivalent qualification)
• Knowledge of NEC framework is beneficial but not essential
• Excellent numerical skills and the ability to interpret project accounting guidelines as well as a high level of competence in the interpretation of Contractual Conditions
• Ability to prioritise workload and work to strict deadlines
• Month end and reporting experience
• Good Customer management & relationship skills
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 111536
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time