Do you want to help create the future of healthcare? Our name, Siemens Healthineers, was selected to honor our people who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause. It reflects their pioneering spirit combined with our long history of engineering in the ever-evolving healthcare industry.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with
opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and
professionally. Sound interesting?
Then come and join our global team as Project Lead (m/f/diverse) Research & Development – In-vitro diagnostics to bring your expertise into our company and shape the future of healthcare.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Based on our business strategy and in close collaboration with the management you are responsible for initiating, planning, executing and documenting projects for the development of new diagnostic tools and technologies regarding in vitro diagnostics
- You define project and resource needs and negotiate necessary inputs with internal and external partners. Moreover, you take project ownership, recognize and mitigate risks as well as resolve issues quickly as they arise
- In addition, you translate scientific and technological knowledge from diverse fields, e. g. Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Biology and Chemistry, into clinical value add in the field of diagnostics and medical technology by developing new devices, components, processes and/or platforms
- You communicate with internal or external stakeholders and represent the interests of the company, the department and the project as well as are responsible for the commissioning of external partners, contract developers, temporary employees or student assistants and steer these
- Furthermore, you are innovative, generate and secure new intellectual property and present results in the form of publications and presentations, both internally and externally in an international environment
To find out more about the specific business, have a look at & Point-of-Care Testing.
Your qualifications and experience:
- You graduated in the field of engineering or science, ideally complemented by a PhD, and have many years of substantial work experience in R&D in the field medical devices for in vitro diagnostics or a comparable field
- Additionally, you collected experience in the management of projects within industrial research and development as well as provide necessary specialist and leadership skills to lead and steer mid-sized project teams in a multidisciplinary environment
- You have deep technical expertise in one or more relevant technology and development fields of in vitro diagnostics. You also know how to integrate interdisciplinary solutions in a platform combining relevant methodologies such as sample preparation, detection, data acquisition and data analysis
- Knowledge about optical systems and/or biophysical techniques would be an advantage
Your attributes and skills:
- You communicate with national and international customers and colleagues; hence you bring fluent German and English language skills written and spoken
- Today is about tomorrow – therefore you are committed to continuous personal development of both technical and management skills, keeping in touch with the newest developments in your field
- Capacity for teamwork in an interdisciplinary environment including biological scientists and engineers, and international / intercultural work teams round off your profile
Our global team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical
technology company. 50,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven
to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the
globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the
areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and
molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Our culture embraces different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge convention. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we invite you to take on new challenges, test your ideas, and celebrate success.
Check our Careers Site at
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from individuals with disabilities.
Wish to find out more before applying? Contact us: +49 (9131) / 17 – 1717, if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Arne Wassermann.
We care about your data privacy and take compliance with GDPR as well as other data protection legislation seriously. For this reason, we ask you not to send us your CV or resume by email. We ask instead that you create a profile in our talent community where you can upload your CV. Setting up a profile lets us know you are interested in career opportunities with us and makes it easy for us to send you an alert when relevant positions become open. Click to get started.
To all recruitment agencies:
Siemens Healthineers does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees, or any other company location. Siemens Healthineers is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Job ID: 111538
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time