We are currently looking for a NHSS 8 & NVQ Coordinator to support our regional teams across the north of England. You play a key part in this role ensuring that, as a business, Siemens remains fully compliant with the National Highways Sector Scheme (NHSS 8) rules and regulations, to create/prepare and plan the necessary portfolio and mandatory training reviews at agreed intervals. As such, the role has a strong health and safety focus, reinforcing the Siemens Zero Harm message to all.
You will maintain all portfolios in line with NHSS 8 rules for area of responsibility and be responsible for delivering and managing the NVQ programme for candidates within the region through continued assessment and support.
We are happy to accept applications from candidates of different experience levels who are ready for a next challenge or willing to progress, ideally from Traffic signal industry, but alternative industries such as health and safety or training / assessing will be considered. We will provide training if required.
What are your responsibilities?
- Support regional management and supervisory teams with all information related to the National Highways Sector Scheme 8 and Training Courses
- Assess all employees in area of responsibility on every aspect of the National Highways Sector Scheme 8
- Ensure employee portfolios are of excellent standard with regular reviews conducted at agreed timescales
- Ensure all employees working within the NHSS 8 are competent to carry out the daily tasks required of them
- Ensure all employees are registered to the NHSS 8, within an appropriate timescale and to the appropriate level that reflects their knowledge and understanding
- Ensure that the area of responsibility is fully compliant to the NHSS 8 standards at all times and ensure that any changes are communicated to necessary Field Services management and supervisory team as they occur
- Support candidates in achieving the necessary requirements for successful completion of the NVQ through regular meetings, on-site assessments and portfolio review
- Proactively liaise with the Field Services management and supervisory team to ensure requirements for training and practical assessments are effectively incorporated within local resource plans
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- 4 GCSE’s including Mathematics and English (Grades A-C), however there are other criteria on which ability in these areas can be assessed e.g. passed a functional skills test in the last 5 years that demonstrates the numerical and literacy skills to the level of GCSE
- IOSH qualified (preferred but not essential)
- NHSS 8 Qualified Supervisor (preferred but not essential)
- Effective communication and time management
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to work independently with little or no direction
- Self-motivated with an ability to ensure all assessments are completed to the required standard.
- Has proven track record and knowledge of both installation and maintenance roles within Traffic industry. Also has good sound understanding of all aspects of Health & Safety.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 111539
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time