The Product Owner is responsible for the definition and delivery of a part of a product from a customer and market requirement point of view - regarding content, prioritization, quality and customer excitement within a given cost and time frame.
• Willingness to travel to customer locations at a short notice.
• Responsible for a part of the product through the product life cycle from the definition to the phase-out.
• Provides the associated development teams with priorities and expertise regarding the product and ensures completeness and consistency of the derived requirements within the part of the product.
• Responsible for definition and delivery of a part of a product from a customer and market requirement point of view, working with one or several development teams.
• Product Line Manager, Product Manager, Project Manager, Quality Manager, Development Team (e.g. Scrum Master, System Analyst, Architect, Developers, Testers), Usability Engineer, other stakeholders (e.g. Business Units), SCM (Enabling) & Customer Service teams, Technical Writers, etc.
• Customers – Radiologists, Radiology Technicians, Hospital Administrators, IT Administrators etc.
What are my tasks?
• Elicit and collect stakeholder requests
• Define and prioritize Market Requirements
• Analyze Market Requirements (e.g. initiate and manage concepts for complex Market Requirements)
• Ability to work with all downstream functions of sales, service to pitch for new business, show concepts, understand requirements and troubleshoot issues on the fly.
• Derive, prioritize and communicate Software Requirements
• Create Software Requirement Specifications (i.e. problem part)
• Coach/ support development team's questions and resolve conflict regarding features and requirements
• Analyze and decide complaints and charms
• Achieve commitments with and motivate development teams, assist development teams in attaining maximum effective sustainable pace for development
• Ensure quality by evaluating results of iterations and either approve/ accept or reject results based on DONEness criteria
• Support effort estimations of development teams
• Analyze change request entries and prioritize with other product backlog items
• Deliver input for project/ program management
• Support roll-out of the system, presentation, workshops, training for sales and engineering
What do I need to know to qualify for this job?
Qualification: A Bachelors / masters degree in engineering and / or MCA or equivalent.
Work Experience: 10 to 15 years
Desired Knowledge & Experience:
• Healthcare market. Product knowhow and customer understanding
• Sound knowledge of Clinical Workflows and Healthcare IT, specially in the area of Radiology.
• Healthcare Industry standards like DICOM, IHE, HL7...
• Good understanding of software systems categorized as Medical Device
• Basic understanding of Legal regulations and standards applicable for medical devices, affecting safety aspects(i.e. FDA 21CFR820QSR, ISO 13485)
• Exposure to agile methodology
• Thorough experience in Requirements Engineering, Usability Engineering and feature definition activities.
• Product Lifecycle Management & Software development cycle experience
What experience do I need to have?
• Professional: Several years of experience in the medical device/ healthcare industry (e.g. as a Product Owner, System Engineer, System Analyst, Technology Lead, Lead Architect etc.), expertise in clinical and radiological workflows, experience in image processing. Several years of experience in IT product or solution business.
• Project / Process: Several years of experience in requirements engineering and SW development. Ideally, IT integration experience. Experience in agile development projects, preferably in Product Owner role.
• Leadership: Experience with managing internationally staffed teams, management and balancing of different stakeholder expectations, management of product definitions. Ideally several years experience in technical leadership role and communicating direction and coaching others.
• Intercultural: Experience with international/ intercultural teams, conduction of workshops with international development partners and customers.
What else do I need to be strong at?
• Self-starter and quick learner
• Self driven and Initiative
• Creative and strategic thinking
• Decision making skills
• Result orientation
• Self motivated and provides motivation and inspiration to the team
• Strong Analytical and Problem Solving Skills.
• Strong team player and networking skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong customer focus