LOCATION: NARODA, AHMEDABAD, INDIA
POSITION TITLE: Instrumentation & Controls Engineer, PMO, Global Solutions
SUPERVISOR TITLE: Sr. Manager – Package Engineering, PMO, Global Solutions
SUPERVISOR: Apurva Shah
- To manage the complete instrumentation & control engineering activities related to Distributed LNG Solutions involved to meet client’s requirements & specifications in a manner consistent with company practices and policies with the help of Engineering Manager, Director, and other technical resources.
- This job also calls for interdepartmental, sub-vendor, & client coordinating activities for technical queries & clarification during pre & post order execution as required and provide necessary support to client & Sales group to ensure client satisfaction.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Instrumentation & Control Engineering/Technology with 8 to 11 years of relevant experience after graduation. Master’s degree is preferable with relevant experience.
1. To manage instrumentation & control engineering activities related to client orders received, meeting corporate objective of on time, on cost, on quality shipment with effective use of D-R proprietary and other software.
2. Close co-ordination with other functional department of the company for timely execution of the order.
3. Detailed engineering of rotary, & cryogenic equipment packages (e.g. compressor, turbine, pumps, chiller, etc.) which include major components like motors, Control Panels, MCC, VFD, IO panels, genset, etc. based on various international standards like API, IEC, NEC, etc.)
4. Designing & Preparing of equipment’s (I&E&C) specifications in line with relevant Project requirement over & above standard specifications
5. Automation & Control engineering
6. Should be conversant with updated national / International standards and codes.
7. Review & checking of vendor drawing/datasheet/specification.
8. Development of PLC & HMI program (writing & modifying control programming required for satisfactory operation of equipment modules & overall system)
9. PLC / SCADA based control panel / module design, specifications, & drawings
10. IO Panel design, specifications, & drawings, and Panel, MCC, VFD layout
11. Sizing and selection of process instruments, electrical switch gears, control system components, etc.
12. Preparation of documents required for package design such as;
- P&I Diagrams
- Instrument list & Instrument data sheets
- Operation & Control narratives
- Cause & Effect Diagram
- Alarm & Trip point summary
- Point Database & I/O count
- Function Loop Diagrams
- Logic Diagrams
- Singe line diagram
- Junction Box & Cable Schedule Drawings
- Load list calculations
13. To support Sales team for technical support during pre-bid stage.
14. To support Supply chain Management and Manufacturing in resolving the technical issues related to I&C engineering.
15. Provide engineering back-up to product service group for Installation, commissioning, Services, Revamp & Upgrade of existing or new Installations.
16. Continual improvement of product, system and procedures with lean tools e.g. RCA / PCA, FMEA, Kaizen, etc for quality, efficiency and cost competitiveness.
17. To establish QMS & EMS procedure & work instructions and active participation in Total quality process.
1. Good analytical ability
2. Trouble shooting to resolve day to day issues
3. VA/VE application for Design Improvement and Cost Reduction
1. Development of PLC / HMI program using Allen Bradley / SIEMENS product
2. Individual should have relevant knowledge about PLC / SKADA system, control panels, field instruments, & its application, system automation majority in oil & gas industries.
3. Individual should have relevant knowledge about Global I&E&C Codes & Standards Application i.e. NEC, IEC, CRN, IS, CE, API, etc.
4. Individual should have relevant knowledge about HAZOP and SIL study
5. Communication & close co-ordination with multidiscipline like – Client, Vendors, Site Construction team, inter disciplines of Organization.
6. Knowledge of Package Instruments & documents like Safety Relief Valve, Pressure Gauge, Temperature Gauge, Level Gauge, Condition Monitoring, etc. including installation knowledge
7. Effective planning, organization and presentation skills including the ability to independently handle tasks by communicating directly with clients, & suppliers
8. Commitment to Excellence
9. Should have good computer operating skills & knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
ADDITIONAL POSITION SPECIFICATIONS:
1. Candidate should participate in various activities with clients / suppliers such as;
· Kick of meeting
· HAZOP study
· SIL study
· Technical / Document review meeting
· FAT meeting at DCS vendor or client premises
2. Required to travel to site, customer interfacing, which may be in remote place
3. Domestic and International travel is required
Job ID: 111627
Organization: Gas and Power
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time