Job title: Product Owner
With about 4,500 employees, Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited (STS) combines five units: Corporate Technology India, Functional Shared Services, Corporate Finance, Corporate Finance Audit, and Siemens Management Consulting.
Corporate Technology (CT) in India has over 3,000 professionals working in the area of software Research and Development. CT is a part of Siemens Corporate Technology, which is an innovation partner for the Siemens Divisions and shares a point of view in areas of strategic importance to Siemens, thereby ensuring its technological future.
This is your role. What part will you play?
· Are you passionate about growing your Research and Analyze skills? We are looking for an energetic and talented Product Owner to join our R&D team in Bangalore.
· With over 1,800 research operatives worldwide, the Corporate Technology department occupies a special position within Siemens' R&D facilities. It functions as an international network of expertise and as a global partner for technology and innovations.
Here is your role. What part will you play?
· Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they have to understand what drives our customers. What is the environment? What is the user story based on? Implementation means – trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution emerges. Knowledge means exchange – discussions with colleagues from all over the world. Join our team and enjoy the freedom to think in completely new categories. To make difference join our Digitalization and Technology Solutions team based in Bangalore.
What else do I need to know?
· Takes strong initiatives and highly result oriented
· Good at communicating within the team as well as with all the stake holders
· Strong customer focus and good learner.
· Highly proactive and team player
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
· Research and analyze the market, customer needs and use-cases
· Define product vision, road-map and manage the product
· Work closely with Product Management to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value
· Conceptualize feature requests into product road-map
· Groom and prioritize product feature backlog
· Frame user stories and define acceptance criteria
· Validate all the features against acceptance criteria
· Documentation of the product
· Plan sprint goals and releases - Assess value and prioritize stories, epics to ensure sprint goal and release is aligned with product strategy
· Follow progress of work and address production issues during sprints
· Requirements and qualification required:
· 7+ years’ experience in industry with 2-5 years’ experience in product management
· MCA in Computer Science, Engineering or similar relevant field
· Creative thinking with a vision
· Good communication and presentation skills
· In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles
· Excellent organizational and time management skills
· Good c-ordination and negotiation skills
· Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is in Bangalore, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the craft of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
Job ID: 111634
Organization: Internet of Things
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time