Aero-Thermal Engineer for Gas Turbines Design
Location: Gurgaon, India
Department: Power and Gas
Position: Full- time
Job Family: R&D
Looking for challenging and future-oriented role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Achieving outcomes that matter
We identify areas of growth. Thanks to our extensive service network around the world, we can offer a wide range of support services for the oil and gas industry.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
The successful candidate will be responsible for autonomously conduct CFD predictions in the area of Gas Turbine Design. He is able to setup, run and interpret CFD simulations for aero-thermal investigations in multistage compressor and turbine components, all related to new technology development in the field of heavy-duty gas turbine engineering. Thus also advanced programming skills are essential to develop and integrated process related workflows. The role emphasizes a strong background in Computational Fluid Dynamics as well as in aerodynamics and advanced heat-transfer modeling in turbo machines. He/she will be part of a global team of specialists.
• Application of CFD methods for aero-thermal prediction of turbo machinery flows in turbine & compressor
• Validation of advanced CFD methods and processes
• Support of the development of Multi-disciplinary analysis and optimization process chains for Gas turbine blades and vanes
• Simulation of external as well as internal fluid flows in turbine blade rows
• Development of processes and workflows for automated CFD chains including automated pre- and post-processing, mesh-generation
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
• Masters or PhD in a related branch of Engineering such as Mechanical, Aeronautical / Aerospace or Computational Engineering
• strong theoretical background in aerodynamics, heat-transfer and turbo machinery flows
• advanced CFD modeling knowledge incl. pre- / post processing and mesh generation
• advanced programming / scripting skills
• Candidate having more than 5 years of relevant work experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience
• Advanced experience in aero-thermal CFD simulation and turbo machinery analysis
• Software Programming languages (Fortran, C++, Python, VBA, etc.)
• Exposure to Gas Turbine domain
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We are looking forward to getting to know you.
If you have any questions, just drop us an email, happy to answer any queries you may have.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Find out more about department at: website department and about Siemens at: www.siemens.com/careers
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. We're dedicated to quality and equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Job ID: 111805
Organization: Gas and Power
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time