Would you like to become part of driving the development and implementation of the network solutions for future Siemens’ infrastructure projects?
As a Network and IT Specialist, you will join a team of project-oriented engineers who designs and implements digital network solutions in a high voltage substation placed both Onshore and Offshore. You will be assigned a leading role to insure the right implementation of secure and reliable redundant communication in very complex systems, where solutions like Remote Connections, DMZ, Jump-host, Syslog, Active Directory, Virtualization, Backup and Restore are some of the technical solutions used.
You will become a permanent part of the Digital Grid team, consisting of 11 highly passionate colleagues. With your extensive knowledge and experience in the area of network design and IT system architecture, you are able to understand complex technical problems and translate it into simple, yet reliable and elegant solutions to ensure high availability and of course think as much possible security in all technical aspects possible. Some travel must be expected – approximately 25 to 40 days per year.
- To support the entire project in all its phases: design, implementation, test and documentation of the Network Architecture and IT solutions
- Translate system requirements, as well as internal requirements, into reliable and elegant solutions
- Support the Project Management in coordinating network and IT activities through the different phases of the project
- Be involved in planning and participating in system tests
- Always consider Network and IT Security aspects in everything you produce
- Write design and specific customer documents
- Siemens offers you
- Personal and professional development opportunities in an inspiring international environment
- To be part of a growing function with a dynamic, informal and passionate working environment
- You have an educational degree as an Engineer or within IT combined with strong experience in network architecture and design as well as some experience in project engineering
- You have a minimum of 5 years proven experience as a Network and IT Specialist or similar
- You have strong analytical and communication skills and are fluent in spoken and written English
- You understand the importance of stakeholder involvement and are able to accomplish win/win solutions through team work
- You are not afraid to get your hands greasy. You will, from time to time, have to go on site and run the wires, do the configuration and perform the tests. This is not only a desk job
We welcome your application, even if you have obtained your qualifications in an alternative manner than the above.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI)
is a division within the Siemens Group, which has influenced the market since its very beginning. We develop, sell and deliver products and solutions to energy, oil, gas, water and heat supply. The accumulated knowhow is incorporated in our solutions, and we offer a wide range of products within efficiency and security all the way from the power station to the end user. Siemens is a world leader within sustainable energy, which benefits both the environment and the consumers. In our Danish division we are approx. 110 employees. Read more at www.siemens.dk/energy
We are about what buildings make possible. In average we spend 90 percent of our lives in buildings. At Siemens, we believe that everything people do in life deserves a perfect place to do it. Siemens SI is a division with 44.000 smart minds all over the world and 300 in Denmark. We are currently implementing several of the largest energy renovation projects (ESCO) to date in Denmark, including energy renovation of several large hospitals, municipalities and private companies. Read more here: https://new.siemens.com/dk/da/produkter/bygningsteknologi.html
We continuously strive to strengthen our position, and we are therefore looking for bright minds eager to join a dynamic, international organization offering unique opportunities for its employees. Meet your future workplace here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMRRXPNBSZ8&t
Deadline for applications: 6th of June. Send us your application as soon as possible, as applications will be dealt with on a continuous basis. Please upload your CV and cover letter as one document. For further information about the position, please contact Henrik Nordahl Jensen: +44 77 44 77.
Do you want to learn more about Siemens? Follow our, and maybe your future, workplace on Instagram @siemensdanmark.
Job ID: 111824
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time