Position Qualifications / Requirements
· , Must work in US time Zone i.e 5:30 PM to 1:30 am India time, Experience in indirect equipment buying
· Desirable to have Microsoft office ACCESS capability.
· A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Mechanical) or its equivalent of experience industry or engineering environment.
· A minimum of 3+ years of experience within function or industry
· Ability to take ownership, think independently and perform tasks with minimal supervision.
· Must have Lean and/or Six Sigma continuous experience.
· Proven excellent customer service, written and oral communication and presenting to a variety of audiences in English language.
· Advanced Microsoft office capabilities (PowerPoint, Word and Excel).
· Demonstrate extensive knowledge and experience of purchasing fundamentals including solicitation of bids, negotiation and contract formation.
· Effectively able to participate in or lead teams and collaboration cross-functionally.
· Ability to assess and establish priorities for self and others, demonstrate flexibility and understand/communicate sense of urgency.
· Self motivated, excellent problem solving abilities and proven decision making skills.
· Purchase indirect capital equipments & reciprocating compressor parts for services at best savings and value for the Company and affiliates.
· Establish working partnership and good relations with vendors.
· Maintains the integrity of purchasing data on the computer based planning system with error free transactions.
· Coordinates with suppliers to meet customer technical requirements and the requirements of the Project and ensures these requirements are clearly defined and communicated.
· Participates in an effective cost improvement and savings program for purchased systems.
· Evaluates supplier performance using the company supplier rating model, and participates in continuous improvement efforts with suppliers.
· Supports project management efforts during the proposal and order processing stages.
· Develops and maintains information to keep abreast of sources, prices and technical innovations on a worldwide basis.
· Coordinates participation of key suppliers in the technical design and manufacturing process.
· Interacts with business unit and cost center personnel to affect the timely release of technical engineering data and subsequent technical engineering changes.
· Complete purchasing work aligned with Company Global Purchasing Policy.
· Adhere to accounting rules and procedures with respect to purchasing in terms of pricing, process and payments.
· Manage vendor delivery performance of 95% or better on-time delivery.
· Proactively prevent and manage supplier defects with each of your vendors.
· Act as a back up to other buyers that are out of the office.
· Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Demonstrated problem resolution skills using collaboration and influencing skills.
· A demonstrated "self-starter", highly-motivated and able to effectively achieve results in a largely autonomous work environment.
· Demonstrated ability to achieve accomplishments in a fast-paced, matrix-reporting, multi-cultural environment.
· Candidate must be fluent in writing, speaking and understanding English.
· Highly effective and concise communication and interpersonal relation skills, including speaking and writing.
Job ID: 111838
Organization: Gas and Power
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time