What are my responsibilities?
Implements defined technical safety measures in an assigned site or for an assigned organization:
• Implements and adjusts superior Safety (SF) related policies and guidelines for the organization assigned;
• Proposes SF related budgets, and decides on targets, budget and resource allocation, within given limits;
• Develops, proposes and implements function specific processes and/or methods for maintaining effective Safety management system, to fulfil legal and internal requirements;
• Conduct detail identification of hazards and evaluation of risks and opportunities;
• Constantly monitors and analyses unit´s situation regarding Health and safety aspects;
• Monitors the safe handling of hazardous substances and special hazards processes/activities if necessary, shuts down the equipment, stop the production;
• Supports management in executing the necessary protective measures;
• Plans and accomplishes defined technical measures, or roll out of respective programs, according to respective guidelines and regulations;
• Monitors existing and potential Safety concerns and decides / implements measures for remedial action;
• Guides and provides expertise to managers and employees on shop floor;
• Collects necessary data and evaluates and compiles all relevant information for proper safety reporting;
• Keeps abreast with all respective regulations and standards in regional or local law;
• Plans the roll out of Health and Safety programs, for the unit assigned.
• Trains management and employees.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
• Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electromechanical Engineering or similar;
• Fluent English both oral and written (mandatory);
• Minimum 3 years experience on operational control of HS activities on industrial sector (mandatory);
• Experience within safety assessment of work equipment (DL 50/2005), machine guarding, LOTO system, electrical safety, confined spaces, work at height or hazards of chemical substances (preferential);
What else do I need to know?
In Siemens Portugal we offer the possibility to integrate a young, dynamic and very multicultural team and to grow within one of the most solid multinational companies operating in the market. As a leading global engineering and technology services company, Siemens provides innovative solutions to help tackle the world’s major challenges in the areas of electrification, automation and digitalization. That’s why we are always looking for curious, open-minded people, people who dare to ask tough questions. Like every Siemens employee worldwide.
Are you in?
If this offer meets your professional aspirations, please send your application
Job ID: 111841
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time