RIYADH METRO PROJECT OVERVIEW:
The BACS consortium is responsible for the design and build of Lines 1 and 2 of the Riyadh metro network. These two lines will form part of the six-line metro system that will run for a total length of 176 kilometers across the city and includes 85 stations.
BACS scope of work on Lines 1 and 2 encompasses detailed structural, architectural and transit system design together with construction, testing and commissioning works. Our scope also includes the procurement of all products and materials necessary to support project delivery.
BACS are fully responsible for the design and integration of the transit systems and the civil infrastructure. Working from the Employers Requirements, the BACS consortium will manufacture, furnish, install, test and commission all components related to both the transit systems and the civil infrastructure.
BACS Consortium consists of two main partners; Infrastructure and MEP supplier Civil Works Joint Venture (CWJV) and Transit System Supplier Siemens (TS).
The Consortium Testing & Commissioning (T&C) Manager is responsible for implementation of the BACS testing and commissioning plan and handover of a fully integrated and safe transportation system, compliant with the Employer’s Requirements. The T&C Manager will coordinate with Civil Works Joint Venture and Transit Systems Testing & Commissioning Teams and lead the overall integration of the works.
What are my responsibilities?
- Define and control scope of T&C works
- Define scope of works of T&C, produce the necessary documents (strategy, plans and procedures) and obtain Employer’s approval. Understand the system/asset design from "end to end" to define and support the integration scope between CWJV & TS.
- Ensure that the CWJV and TS T&C strategy, plans and
- procedures are aligned with the BACS T&C documents.
- Ensure that the BACS T&C documents combined with TS and CWJV documents validate and fulfill the Employer’s Requirements.
- Provide input to CWJV & TS T&C teams to ensure T&C requirements and pre-requisites are completed and incorporated in the works at sub-system level, when applicable.
- Produce test procedures, test reports, test results, progress reports and technical presentations, relating to testing and commissioning.
- Provide assurance that the BACS T&C activities are in accordance with the Employer’s Requirements including the relevant standards and regulations.
- Assure that the T&C activities undertaken by CWJV, TS and third parties are compliant with relevant standards, regulations and industry best practice. Conduct surveillances to document compliance by partners, contractors and subcontractors to achieve contractual self-assurance.
- Execute works on site and manage completion of works
- Execute BACS overall Integration Tests, System Demonstration (SD) scenarios and Trial Run (TR) monitoring from the end of sub-system integration tests to the start of revenue service.
- Conduct all testing and commissioning activities in full compliance with company standards, contract requirements, project schedule, approved test procedures, quality, safety, and environmental objectives.
- Plan and coordinate test resources, including use of support testing personnel from the CWJV and TS.
- Carry out test readiness reviews prior to all testing to ensure complete preparation and efficient usage of staff and resources.
- Team work and coordinate completion of the tests, SD and Trial Run activities with CWJV, TS, Operations Team, RAM Teams, System Safety Teams, third parties and stakeholders, O&M Entity, etc.
- Interface with the Temporary Operation Team (TOT) and BACS EH&S team to ensure that the BACS overall integration tests are safely executed on site. Promptly coordinate with the TOT for access and possessions for execution of the site.
- Develop and implement an interface, integration and communication protocol between the CWJV, TS and third-party T&C teams.
- Develop and implement an interface, integration and communication protocol with the Employer, its representatives and the O&M Entity and establish a witnessing and approval plan.
- Organize and chair regular and ad-hoc T&C meetings with CWJV, TS and third parties to promote and facilitate communication, review progress/performance, identify issues and facilitate resolution.
- Develop and implement a reporting system including dashboards, metrics, and updates to Senior management and key stakeholders.
- Monitor operation of the OCC and the O&M Entity during Trial Run. Develop a monitoring and witnessing protocol for the works of the O&M Entity during the Trial Run.
- Coordinate site investigation of anomalies and technical issues and resolution thereof with the support from CWJV, TS and others. Perform troubleshooting, identification and resolution of system and subsystem issues and when required escalate issues.
- Provides reports as required to management and customers on the progress and results of the integration and test program.
- Schedule and Progress
- Develop joint and integrated T&C program in conjunction with CWJV, TS and/or third parties. Set the priorities considering the resources and to meet the overall BACS milestones. Ensure T&C schedule is aligned with the BACS overall program and critical path
- Establish and maintain the detailed planning of the field test program with the help and input from CWJV and TS including the staff forecasting and other resources such as access, trains, etc. needed to execute field program.
- Actively monitor the overall T&C program of CWJV, TS and third parties and produce progress reports, advise delays and opportunities and organize activities accordingly.
- Represent BACS Consortium to the Employer, Employers Representatives, ICP/ISA, PTA and other third parties and stakeholders during T&C works and to liaise and obtain their approvals and no objections. Produce reports, technical presentations and assurances to the Employer.
- Responsible for completeness, accuracy and integrity of test certificates prior to submission to the Employer.
- Manage production of test results and documentation to input in the handover packages.
- Maintain an overview of the technical assurance requirements (testing certification) and production of assurance deliverables by CWJV, TS, and third parties to ensure compliance with the Employer’s Requirements.
- Facilitate the acceptance of certification in a progressive manner to ensure that the provision of satisfactory T&C results are compiled and processed in support of the handover strategy.
- Position BACS for Preliminary Handover by close coordination with the Employer and obtaining their interim and progressive approvals of the works.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Professional qualifications in electrical or mechanical engineering or an associated discipline.
- 15 years of experience in railway systems specifically design build and commissioning of metro system.
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience in testing and commissioning of overall railway systems; specific T&C experience of an overall turnkey driverless metro system is a strong asset.
- Experience in metro commissioning and operations, system demonstration, and trial run
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the development and implementation of test and commissioning strategies and management plans.
- Broad understanding of Automatic Train Control systems.
- Good knowledge of metro regulations, standards and operational requirements
- Excellent planning, tracking, organizational and communication skills, both verbal and technical writing, and good interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of industry work processes for testing and commissioning of rail systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of working arrangements with joint ventures, alliances and consortiums.
- Ability to effectively work within a matrix organization.
- Understanding of Health & Safety requirements for Civil Engineers and Railway construction projects.
- Commitment to BACS ethical standards, quality standard evaluations as BACS Zero Incident philosophy by prior active engagement and demonstration of ES&H Leadership.
- Personally committed to respectful behaviors, building the same attitudes within the project personnel; the focus of which is treat people with respect and dignity, listen actively, communicate in a timely and forthright manner and never undermining colleagues.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process.
Job ID: 111908
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time