Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
This position is in the Steam Turbine Design and will be based in Gurgaon. The engineer in this position will be responsible for Core Turbine Design.
- Designing core turbine components for steam turbine units considering full spectrum of design requirements (functionality, robustness, cost-effectiveness, manufacturing, assembly and service) including development and release of graphics and bill of materials.
- Performs studies to ensure proper form, fit, and function of parts and assemblies.
- Evaluate non-conformance reports and define suitable measures.
- Lead design team and control output of the associated design team regarding quality, budget and schedule.
- Troubleshooting for manufacturing deviations and field issues
- Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- BE/B.Tech (Mechanical) or ME/M.Tech
- 3 years of relevant design experience.
- Sound working knowledge of Pro-E/NX and AutoCAD or any other CAD software.
- Strong fundamentals in Engineering Design.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to make quick, informed decisions on a regular basis
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal mentorship or direction
- Familiarity with steam turbine products is a plus
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Gurgaon, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Job ID: 111923
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time