The Cost and Value Engineering Project Lead
is the driver of cost-out projects from idea creation to full implementation within
specific timeline and budget, ensuring cost savings are available to be used by
the cost estimating and sales/proposal organizations during the bidding
The tactical responsibilities of this
position include developing market driven cost structures for new opportunities
and cost and/or cycle time improvement on critical projects being executed.
As well as evaluation of which in progress cost-out projects could be
implemented for a potential project.
The strategic responsibilities include
participating in the overall R&D Product Development Process (PDP) to
ensure new products are designed at optimal cost while meeting quality
targets. Activities include
productivity project creation and report management, innovation team
leadership, design for manufacturing methodology leadership, and voice of the
Some of the key tasks will consist of:
- Deliver Cost & Value Engineering projects
within budget and schedule, sorting obstacles as well as
internal/external stresses, having full accountability.
- Working closely with the Product Management
team and cross-functional teams to drive cost reduction in identified
R&D programs and projects while maintaining or improving critical to
Quality performance functionality, following the Product Development Process.
- Create and gather new cost-out ideas for the
relevant product line, participating in cross-functional workshop.
- Evaluate feasibility of cost-out ideas
preparing business cases, including implementation cost and return of
- Ensure that product Cost & Value Engineering
initiatives are being properly input and tracked in the relevant product
cost tracking software (Prioneer).
- Support proposals teams to ensure all relevant
cost-out projects are being considered if appropriate, to guarantee the
most cost-effective solutions.
- Support baseline maintenance of product cost
- Provide the figures aimed at maintaining and
reporting monthly World-Wide Cost & Value Engineering savings
workbooks by assuring continued alignment with project leads
- Facilitating and participating meetings at all
levels of management up to and including the executive leadership team.
- BS in Engineering - Mechanical, Electrical,
Chemical, or Petroleum.
- Minimum of 5 years of industry experience as
Application Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Process Engineer, Design
Engineer, Product Engineer or similar
- Experience with turbomachinery or related
rotating equipment and associated auxiliary systems
- Knowledge of product design and its interface
to process design
- Working knowledge of how design, technical,
automation, sourcing, and logistics decisions affect cost and/or
- Self-driven, proactivity and willingness to do
- Hands-on spirit, willing to get into the
details and deliver engineering tasks
- Creative thinking and the ability to drive
cross-functional teams to achieve technical and commercial objectives
- Proven skills to influence internal and
external stakeholders (sales, marketing, design and process teams)
- Flexibility to travel at least 20% globally
- MS Office Suite proficiency
About the company
A Siemens Business is one of the largest global suppliers of
custom-engineered rotating equipment solutions for long-life, critical
applications in the oil, gas, chemical, petrochemical, process, power,
military, and other industries worldwide.
Norway is home to Dresser-Rand worldwide center of excellence for gas
turbines and mechanical driven gas turbine packages. With a gas turbine power
range from 1 to 55 MW Dresser-Rand AS supports the oil and gas industry on
offshore and land-based installations around the world.
Manager is Bjørn-Erik Egeland +47 92887152