The Cost and Value Engineering Project Lead is the driver
of cost-out projects from idea creation to full implementation within
specific timeline and budget, ensuring cost savings are available to be used by
the cost estimating and sales/proposal organizations during the bidding
Some of the key tasks will consist of:
- Deliver Cost & Value Engineering projects
within budget and schedule, sorting obstacles as well as
internal/external stresses, having full accountability.
- Working closely with the Product Management
team and cross-functional teams to drive cost reduction in identified
R&D programs and projects while maintaining or improving critical to
Quality performance functionality, following the Product Development Process.
- Create and gather new cost-out ideas for the
relevant product line, participating in cross-functional workshop.
- Evaluate feasibility of cost-out ideas
preparing business cases, including implementation cost and return of
- Ensure that product Cost & Value Engineering
initiatives are being properly input and tracked in the relevant product
cost tracking software (Prioneer).
- Support proposals teams to ensure all relevant
cost-out projects are being considered if appropriate, to guarantee the
most cost-effective solutions.
- Support baseline maintenance of product cost
- Provide the figures aimed at maintaining and
reporting monthly World-Wide Cost & Value Engineering savings
workbooks by assuring continued alignment with project leads
- Facilitating and participating meetings at all
levels of management up to and including the executive leadership team.
- BS in Engineering - Mechanical, Electrical,
Chemical, or Petroleum.
- Minimum of 5 years of industry experience as
Application Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Process Engineer, Design
Engineer, Product Engineer or similar
- Experience with turbomachinery or related
rotating equipment and associated auxiliary systems
- Knowledge of product design and its interface
to process design
- Working knowledge of how design, technical,
automation, sourcing, and logistics decisions affect cost and/or
- Self-driven, proactivity and willingness to do
- Hands-on spirit, willing to get into the
details and deliver engineering tasks
- Creative thinking and the ability to drive cross-functional
teams to achieve technical and commercial objectives
- Proven skills to influence internal and
external stakeholders (sales, marketing, design and process teams)
- Flexibility to travel at least 20% globally
- MS Office Suite proficiency
About the company
Siemens Business is one of the largest global suppliers of custom-engineered
rotating equipment solutions for long-life, critical applications in the oil,
gas, chemical, petrochemical, process, power, military, and other industries
Kongsberg Norway is
home to Dresser-Rand worldwide center of excellence for gas turbines and
mechanical driven gas turbine packages. With a gas turbine power range from 1
to 55 MW Dresser-Rand AS supports the oil and gas industry on offshore and
land-based installations around the world.
Manager is Bernardo Felix +44 7921242096