Location: Villingen-Schwenningen / Munich
Organization: Siemens Industry Software GmbH / Mentor Graphics
Department: Automotive Business Unit
Type: Full time / permanent
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely collaborating with partners and customers, DI drives the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With its Digital Enterprise portfolio, DI provides companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Optimized for the specific needs of each industry, DI’s unique portfolio supports customers to achieve greater productivity and flexibility. DI is constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate cutting-edge future technologies. Siemens Digital Industries has its global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and has around 75,000 employees internationally.
At Mentor – A Siemens Business, we are shaping the future of automotive embedded systems with our vision and team of innovative, dedicated, smart, hardware and software developers who passionate about creating extraordinary automotive solutions. Our solutions range from small footprint ECU software up through the most advanced applications in AD & ADAS, Infotainment, Hardware Engineering and Automotive Audio. We specialize in highly optimized in-vehicle solutions, focused in the areas of BSP, audio, video, and networking.
Join our team as an “Embedded Software Engineer (m/f/d)” either in Villingen-Schwenningen or Munich.
Your new area of responsibility - challenging and future-oriented
- Planning, setup and execution of software component integration for complex embedded systems
- Build-system configuration and setup of software build for automotive operating systems e.g. Linux, QNX, Android and AUTOSAR
- Project specific setup of configuration management, build automation, and continuous integration
- Integration of open source, 3rd party and proprietary SW components
- Preparation of customer deliveries incl. release reports and documentation
- Technical contact for SW suppliers, customers and global software development team for all aspects of SW build and delivery
- Debugging and troubleshooting in case of SW integration issues
- Support of project team in terms of testing, code and license analysis activities
- Analysis, extension and optimization of existing SW integration and build processes
- Working in an international SW integration team
Your qualifications - solid and adequate
- Bachelor/Master degree in software engineering or related discipline
- 3+ years of software build and integration
- Strong background in the SW integration of BSP, OS and middleware components
- Detailed knowledge of build systems like bitbake, make, cmake, and ninja
- Good knowledge of Unix shells and scripting languages like Python and Perl
- Experience with version control systems using Git, GitHub, BitBucket and Gerrit
- Knowledge of Yocto and OpenEmbedded
- Experience with Jenkins
- Development experience in embedded C/C++ environment
- Knowledge of automotive operating systems e.g. Linux, QNX, Android and AUTOSAR
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills
- Strong team player with good spoken and written communication skills in German and English
- PLM is unique from other enterprise software solutions because it drives top-line revenue from repeatable processes. By providing the application depth and breadth needed to digitally author,
- validate and manage the detailed product and process data, PLM supports continuous innovation.
At Siemens PLM we place a strong emphasis on ensuring that both women and men are equally recognized for their accomplishments and able to develop professionally – including during periods of higher demands in their personal lives. To this end, we have implemented various measures over the last few years to ensure compatibility between family and career.
This includes providing competitive salaries, a team-oriented working environment with a flat
organizational structure, exciting and challenging projects for renowned clients and interesting career prospects. In addition, we offer a multitude of developmental opportunities and the possibility of taking advantage of our Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
How do I apply?
We look forward to your application. Please note that only complete application packages (including letter of motivation, CV and certificates) can be taken into account.
Your contact person is Marc André Lerch, if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team.
In addition, you will find helpful information about careers at Siemens and have the possibility to set up an individual search agent who will automatically inform you about interesting vacancies.
Siemens supports the Program “Job – Jobs ohne Barrieren” initiated by the Bundesministerium für
Arbeit und Soziales. In cases of severe disability, applicants who are equally qualified will be given preferential consideration.