Addressing the evolving complexities of the energy landscape requires integrated energy ecosystems that span the entire value chain. Our Gas and Power Operating Company helps customers power the world in this time of change by leveraging existing technologies in different ways, developing new business models and technology systems, and employing cutting-edge data analytics.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Procurement Specialist for major projects to join our Gas and Power team based in Bayswater, Melbourne head office.
Reporting to the Head of Procurement, the Senior Procurement Specialist shall be responsible for the engineering, procurement, construction (EPC) procurement function for the tendering and execution of supply contracts for large electrification projects including gas turbines and substation construction which will contribute to the Australian electricity grid. The Senior Procurement Specialist will align cross functionally with key stakeholders, with the objective of executing major project within the defined targets (ie. costs, time, quality), while ensuring customer satisfaction.
In this role, you will be given the autonomy to:
- Drive the procurement function for Siemens including construction and maintenance of power generation equipment for the electricity grid and oil and gas customers.
- Develop the sourcing strategy which will focus on partnering and value creation
- Negotiate all facets of supply contracts from tendering to delivery which will be supported by your strong knowledge of contract law
- Implement best practice procurement process and procedures
- Utilise procedures and requirements from world headquarters including reporting on KPIs and implementing global strategies
- Identify risks and mitigations / solutions
- Travel within Australia may be required from time to time.
- Make strong recommendations to stakeholders regarding sourcing decisions.
You will bring:
- Minimum 10 years of experience within a procurement/contracts management/legal function
- Experience in a senior sourcing role for major construction contracts including extensive experience in the procurement of complex projects with responsibility on project results including management of risk, opportunities and contract negotiation
- Exposure to both direct and indirect spends throughout the tendering and delivery phases
- Experience in conducting contractual negotiations
- A deep understanding of contract law including an ability to draft contract clauses
- Civil/Mechanical/Electrical engineering background or relevant business degree supplemented with exposure to the construction environment.
- Must have full work rights in Australia
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion helps us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.
Job ID: 112070
Organization: Gas and Power
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time