Job title: Senior Java Akka Developer
With about 4,500 employees, Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited (STS) combines five units: Corporate Technology India, Functional Shared Services, Corporate Finance, Corporate Finance Audit, and Siemens Management Consulting.
Corporate Technology (CT) in India has over 3,000 professionals working in the area of software Research and Development. CT is a part of Siemens Corporate Technology, which is an innovation partner for the Siemens Divisions and shares a point of view in areas of strategic importance to Siemens, thereby ensuring its technological future.
This is your role. What part will you play?
Responsible for the development and delivery of parts of a product in accordance to the customers’ requirements and organizational quality norms. Activities to be performed include:
· Requirement analysis and design of software solutions based on requirements and architectural /design guidelines.
· Implementation of features and/or bug-fixing and delivering solutions in accordance with coding guidelines and on-time with high quality.
· Identification and implementation of unit and integration tests to ensure solution addresses customer requirements, and quality, security requirements of product are met.
· Performing code review and creation / support for relevant documentation (requirement/design/test specification).
· Ensuring integration and submission of solution into software configuration management system, within committed delivery timelines.
· Performing regular technical coordination / review with stake holders and ensuring timely reporting and escalations if any.
· Supporting Project Manager for planning, ensuring risk identification and initiating steps towards risk mitigation.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
· More than 8 years of IT experience preferred
· Must have strong experience in Akka frame work using Scala or Java language. Key area: akka Actors, Akka Streams, Akka Cluster & sharding, akka persistence
· Hands-on back-end development; architecture experience a plus.
· Experience in highly concurrent, distributed, and resilient message-driven applications like AKKA.
· Must be very strong in architecting/developing/debugging large distributed applications for asynchronous message handling.
· Must have development experience with clustering frameworks such as Kafka, Zookeeper Aerospike, Kamon.
· Must worked with websocket and Netty and Reactive streaming.
· Must have hands on code development for customizations, extensions and interfaces to messaging software where required & assist in code review.
· Must have worked with Performance team to determine optimal application configuration for better performances
· Must have worked on Deployment Structure/ Scripts & Should have good devops working knowledge - Knowledge of Aws, terraform, CI/CD.
· Experience with workflows such as Git, GitHub, Jira, Jenkins, or equivalents.
· Experience with build tools like sbt, Gradle
· Shares acquired skills with team members through formal and informal channels.
· Prior experience working in areas of emerging technology and driving new points of view
· Proposes ideas of improvement of the applications, procedures and technologies used
· Design, code and test technical solutions while seeking optimal performance and structuring that answer best clients’ needs.
· Understands technical and functional design requirements, proposes alternative options
· Identifies and troubleshoots process errors and recommends solutions
· Expert in functional programming such as Scala is an advantage
· Must been very keen in learning new technologies
· Experience in web-services and knowledge in Micro Service Architecture.
· Experience in TDD, Cucumber and Mocking Frameworks is a plus
· Knowledge in Gradle, Maven and Jenkins is a plus
· Knowledge in relational DB is required.
· Must have good analytical, debugging ad tracing skills. Should be well-versed with clean code principles exposure to secure coding is beneficial.
· Sound knowledge of Software Engineering processes. Experience with Agile/Lean practices is preferred.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is in Bangalore, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the craft of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
Job ID: 112079
Organization: Internet of Things
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time