The Proposal Engineer (Controls) supports the regional Proposal Engineer (PE) of Proposals / New Equipment in the MECAP region and plays a key role in the technical proposal support in the area of control and monitoring aspects as required for projects in the Oil and Gas, Refinery and Petrochemical and Air Separation Industries. PE (Controls) supports the PE in preparing a proposal for our clients in both aspects technical and commercial.
What are my job responsibilities?
• Understand Control System Architectures as used in the O&G Industry
• Understand and discuss different process control applications as used for centrifugal compressors in the O&G industry (Anti-Surge, Performance and Load Sharing Control)
• Understanding and applying Explosion Protection Method according IEC 60079 and NFPA 70 NEC 500 / 505
• Knowledge in hardware set-up and design of industrially used PLC platforms (Siemens Simatic PCS7, ALLEN BRADLEY Control Logic, etc.)
• Knowledge of data transmission standards for analogue measurements using electronic transmitters as used in O&G process industry for process equipment and rotating equipment
• Integration of dedicated rotating equipment monitoring and protection systems into the compressor package control architecture as described in project specifications
• Integration of dedicated compressor process control systems into the compressor package control architecture as described in project specifications
• Generate and issue requests-for-quotation for Third-Party control hardware based on project's specification and evaluate the feedback from sub-suppliers
• Discuss in-house compressor control philosophy and control panel layout and design against project specification and Client's standard
• Identifying of factory standard's deviations from project specification and discuss them with O&G customers for controls matters
• Awareness of different kind of process transmitters and their links and interfaces into the control system (e.g. serial vs. star-like topology, HART©, FF H1©, ProfiNet©, etc.)
• Conducts business affairs with the highest standards of ethics and integrity
What do I need to qualify for the job?
• Degree in Electrical, Process, Control Engineering
• Minimum of 2 years industry experience with a focus on turbo-machinery
• Proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook
• Excellent written, verbal communications and presentations skills
• Willingness for global corporation, open for multi-cultural relationships, intercultural competence
• Focusing on the customer's perspective when setting priorities and taking action
• Problem solving skill and critical thinking skills necessary
• Domestic and international travel is required to support training, bid clarification and project kick off meeting
Job ID: 112080
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time