What are my responsibilities?
- Working within international software development teams across global locations to develop, maintain and support commercial application software for electrical power system modeling and analysis.
- Developing and maintaining Desktop and/or Web-based applications and components under the direction of the development manager(s).
- Participating in analysis of tasks required for development, providing accurate effort estimation, actively participating in project status reviews and technical discussions.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Attending Computer or Electrical-Electronics Engineering (3rd or 4th year (suitable to work as a part-time at least 6 months),
- Software development experience in Object-Oriented Programming practices,
- Eager to learn various technologies, programming languages and Energy domain know-how,
- Good command of English is a must,
Preferable Additional skills/experiences (i.e. is a plus):
- Knowledge on scripting languages (especially in Python),
- Knowledge on full-stack web application development and web services,
- Knowledge on Computer Graphics concepts,
- Knowledge on Configuration Management Systems,
- Knowledge in modern C++ (e.g. C++11),
- Knowledge on file based and/or relational database,
What else do I need to know?
- Excellent interpersonal communication, problem solving and analytical skills,
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively,
- Team player with highly collaborative, self-motivated, positive and energetic attitude,
As Siemens we believe physical barriers are not related to potential. Only the potential matters to us. Therefore, we look forward to receiving applications of candidates with physical barriers and chronic illnesses. We support healthy relationships between candidates with barriers and their colleagues because we believe we can create differences together.
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability as we will use the data to review your suitability to the role.
Please find more information from our web site:
Job ID: 112117
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Part-time