The site project manager (M&E) is a key member of the site team and their objectives should be to deliver to time, quality and cost in a responsible, excellent and innovative manner within a framework promoting zero harm, increased safety awareness and overall wellbeing.
Role & Responsibilities
- The Project Manager (PM) C – Project - with responsibility for results:
- Executing the project within the defined requirements of the scope and work package.
- Executing the project in line with the Target Agreement (e.g. cost, time, functionality).
- Ensure project controls are established throughout the project in line with PM@Siemens & Business Management Systems.
- Direct , lead and motivate the site mechanical and electrical teams for successful project delivery.
- Ensure work packages and targets are set for the project team to improve project delivery and profitability.
- Understand the scope and pursue opportunities to facilitate change, increase revenue and reduce / mitigate risks to improve financial performance.
- Monitor and manage change in line with PM100.
- Ensure regular risk & opportunity review are conducted with the project team.
- Ensure Health, Safety and Environmental audits and inspections are carried out with schedules in place.
- Monitor and control third parties to deliver services to meet the contract requirements.
- Ensuring professional stakeholder management.
- Ensuring business success and achieve long term customer satisfaction for growth potential.
- Ensuring timely decisions on open issues, escalating if necessary.
- Responsible for preparing Monthly Progress Reports to I&C management.
- Responsible for preparing Monthly Progress Reports on the assigned project to Project management.
- Supporting team member development needs in consultation with the Line Manager.
- Experience in managing projects ideally within the Transmission & Distribution Industry.
- Demonstrable evidence of successful project delivery managing up to ten staff.
- Working knowledge and practical application of project management methodologies and tools.
- Working knowledge Substation Civil, Primary & Secondary Systems.
- Experience of purchasing procedures and possessing negotiating skills.
- Knowledge of current H&S legislation. CDM Regulations.
- Knowledge of Environmental Regulations
- Knowledge of Risk / Opportunity Management processes
- Knowledge of Consents and Licensing requirements
- Effective leadership, supervisory, communication & interpersonal skills.
- Category ‘C’ Project Accreditation
- Project management (PM Level 2 & 3)
- CDM & Health & Safety Legislation
- Financial & Commercial Awareness
- Contract & claim management
- Risk & Opportunity Management
- Siemens Business Conduct Guidelines
- IT literate
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them.
Our daily lives depend on a steady supply of affordable energy. Our Energy Management Division is committed to meeting this energy challenge through the supply of products, systems, solutions, and services for the economical, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. Siemens are constantly innovating and pushing the boundaries in how digitalisation is shaping the future of the energy industry; we need the best and brightest talent onboard to be able to support us on this journey.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus and company car benefit. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. In addition to this we offer 26 days holiday, up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme, employee discounts and a flexible benefits package to match your lifestyle needs.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it. Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 112154
Organization: Gas and Power
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time