Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We are a collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. Together, we create technologies that take society further.
We’re looking for people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Gas and Power Division as a Site Project Manager and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
It’s incredibly important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful and engaging culture. We also appreciate that development and training is important to many and that’s why we have a supportive environment which invests in our employee’s development, whether that’s Chartership, training or mentoring.
Feel free to click on this link to see what it’s like to work here; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vmmNjaEr04
This is your role. What part will you play?
- The Project Manager (PM) C – Project - with responsibility for results:
- Executing the project within the defined requirements of the scope and work package.
- Executing the project in line with the Target Agreement (e.g. cost, time, functionality).
- Ensure project controls are established throughout the project in line with PM@Siemens & Business Management Systems.
- Direct , lead and motivate the site mechanical and electrical teams for successful project delivery.
- Ensure work packages and targets are set for the project team to improve project delivery and profitability.
- Understand the scope and pursue opportunities to facilitate change, increase revenue and reduce / mitigate risks to improve financial performance.
- Monitor and manage change in line with PM100.
- Ensure regular risk & opportunity review are conducted with the project team.
- Ensure Health, Safety and Environmental audits and inspections are carried out with schedules in place.
- Monitor and control third parties to deliver services to meet the contract requirements.
- Ensuring professional stakeholder management.
- Ensuring business success and achieve long term customer satisfaction for growth potential.
- Ensuring timely decisions on open issues, escalating if necessary.
- Responsible for preparing Monthly Progress Reports to I&C management.
- Responsible for preparing Monthly Progress Reports on the assigned project to Project management.
- Supporting team member development needs in consultation with the Line Manager.
What you need to make real what matters.
- Experience in managing projects ideally within the Transmission & Distribution Industry.
- Demonstrable evidence of successful project delivery managing up to ten staff.
- Working knowledge and practical application of project management methodologies and tools.
- Working knowledge Substation Civil, Primary & Secondary Systems.
- Experience of purchasing procedures and possessing negotiating skills.
- Knowledge of current H&S legislation. CDM Regulations.
- Knowledge of Environmental Regulations
- Knowledge of Risk / Opportunity Management processes
- Knowledge of Consents and Licensing requirements
- Effective leadership, supervisory, communication & interpersonal skills.
- Category ‘C’ Project Accreditation
- Project management (PM Level 2 & 3)
- CDM & Health & Safety Legislation
- Financial & Commercial Awareness
- Contract & claim management
- Risk & Opportunity Management
- Siemens Business Conduct Guidelines
- IT literate
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Siemens Gas and Power is focused on helping customers navigate the world’s most pressing energy problems, both for today and tomorrow. Some of our products, solutions and services make fossil energy greener, deliver decentralized flexible power solutions and manage the complexities of the grid.
Our benefits package includes a generous base salary plus annual bonus/overtime. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. We offer 26 days holiday (which increases with service), up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme and employee discounts just to name a few.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognize that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Planned changes to our business
In May 2019 Siemens announced that its Gas and Power (GP) business, comprising the company's oil and gas, conventional power generation, power transmission and related services businesses – is to be given complete independence and entrepreneurial freedom through a carveout and a subsequent public listing (spinoff). Plans call for the stock exchange listing to take place by September 2020. We're convinced that this strategic decision will be positive for all participants and enable long-term value creation for customers, employees and shareholders. Click here for more information on the Gas & Power business
Job ID: 112154
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Transmission & Distribution Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time