Location: Gurgaon, India
Business : Gas & Power
Position: Full- time
Job Family: Solution Engineering
Looking for challenging and future-oriented role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
We bring power to the people
We create a future to live in with a broad spectrum of products and solutions for the environmentally-compatible and resource-saving generation of power
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
Mission / Position Headline
Provide business solutions and support in the field of overall plant engineering in the various CAD and CAE tool landscape, data and document management, software support and development and ensures stability of the plant engineering CAD & CAE environment which helps meeting the project time schedule.
In this position candidate will be responsible for the complete administration of COMOS tool in order to enable project execution by respective engineering disciplines. He/She will also be responsible for development and continuous improvement of the Siemens in- house tool Comos, used for modeling of components for electrical and mechanical systems as well as for P&ID generation while collaborating with R&D team.
He/She will be an
interface with a global R&D team and act as a Comos tool Administrator,
actively seeking and collecting user feedback and then derive, plan, and
implement improvement measures. The majority of your tasks will be related to
development, administration topics and to provide technical support for the
execution of customer projects and to site personnel.
- Responsible for defining, coordinating and performing the Project set-up of COMOS tool
- Is responsible for the realization of the solution (day to day user support) with the required functionality by analyzing and solving the problem
- Holds technical responsibility and co-ordinates implementation and test of technical concepts/specification
- Coordination with the project team, IT, expert users, developers to provide business solution timely
- Housekeeping activities / Morning check of running projects to make the project functional
- Collaboration & coordination with the local business team and the global teams. Provide training to users on tool
- Controlling and executing tool development including preparation of requirement specification, development, support and coordinate rollout
- Ability to coordinate with Discipline Tool experts and Speakers from trouble shooting
- Coordinate to close LOPs or provide workarounds within a scheduled time period
- Focus on the software and IT aspects of the tool and coordinate with the Disciplines for Business requests
- Development, testing, implementation and driving right usage of new Comos features and functionalities and improving existing ones, while collaborating with R&D team, for smooth project execution
- Drive harmonization and improvements as a member of a global platform team
- Maintain and release reference documentation related to the COMOS tool design
- Work in global project teams and Drive design- to- cost measures
- Coordinate and oversee the outsourcing of design and drafting tasks to external engineering services as required
- Provide technical customer and/ or site support as required
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Master or Bachelor in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or other comparable degree
- Certified COMOS 1st & 2nd level admin trainings
- Good knowledge of IDB
- Good knowledge of template creation- project, engineering etc.
- Comos end user level trouble shooting experience
- Maintain COMOS environment experience
- Various COMOS module usage experience in the field of power plants
- Usage of object debugger, translation, standard tables, queries, bulk processing
- Knowledge on modules like E&IC, P&ID, SLD, FEED, Cabinet Engineering etc.
- Advance level knowledge on COMOS (V10.1 and above) programming (strong VB script)
- Interface creation for COMOS
- Programming skills (VB, SQL, XML, C #,VB.Net)
- Experience in engineering of power plants or large-scale projects
- Experience in common engineering tools like COMOS, E3D, Navisworks, Smart Plant Foundation or Bentley
- Experience in software development and the product lifecycle management
- Working with IT systems to handle large projects
- Experience in leading a small group/team
- Experience in intercultural collaboration, language skills, experience in cooperation/negotiating with international vendors/clients
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We are looking forward to getting to know you.
If you have any questions, just drop us an email, happy to answer any queries you may have.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Find out more about department at: website department and about Siemens at: www.siemens.com/careers
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. We're dedicated to quality and equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Job ID: 112173
Organization: Gas and Power
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time