Join us as a Finance Operations & Cash Accountant as part of the Finance Operations team at Siemens Financial Services based in Stoke Poges. You will ensure the cash transactions of the business are recorded accurately and on a timely basis.
Siemens Financial Services are an international financial services provider that consists of a worldwide network of financing companies to serve clients with their business-to-business financing needs. They combine a wide range of innovative financial products and solutions, with an in-depth market competence built from valued relationships.
Due to the business being a leasing company this role is integral to the business as a whole and as such requires close interaction with a number of other departments and people at differing levels of seniority in the business.
What are my responsibilities?
- Responsible for checking the documentation of material cash payments prior to signing them off via the internal banking system. This is for both CHAPS and Faster Payment of c.£2m per working day and BACS of c.£250k per day.
- Reconciliation of the banking transactions through the ledger to the bank statement on a daily basis, liaising with our Global Shared Services (GSS) team to ensure that all postings to the General Ledger are accurate.
- Paying employee expenses and supplier payments on a weekly basis. This includes dealing with a number of ad hoc queries from the business/suppliers on outstanding expenses/purchase orders.
- Closing the ledgers at month end and preparing commentary on the change in the cash control accounts and the level of cash held.
- Assist with the preparation and analysis of OPEX costs for presentation to the Performance and Controlling team each month.
- Preparation of Intercompany invoices and verifying intercompany balances - reconciling them when they do not match up and liaising with internal colleagues when this occurs.
- Working with treasury to input loans into the system on a timely basis.
- There is an emphasis on process improvement and building in further efficiencies to our existing processes. This is with a view to improve the timeliness of delivery of financial information to the business and our internal customers. There is a need for pro-activity and being motivated to make positive changes and see these changes through to completion, collaborating with other areas of the business.
- Liaising with External Auditors to satisfactorily provide all information required for the year end audit
- In house SAP support along with training of PO approvers and PO raisers. Managing PO raisers and overseeing the full P2P process from Supplier set-up to pay-out
- Key contact for Barclays day to day relationship management, including setting up of new accounts, payment queries, compliance and new products
- Ad-hoc day to day queries from other departments requiring a service based mentality
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- Experience working with SAP is essential
- Experience with working in an Accounts Payable function
- Studying towards AAT (or equivalent qualification) or someone with experience looking to start an AAT qualification
- Experience of delivering high quality reports to senior management
- Strong attention to detail and service ethos
- Able to communicate complex and technical finance issues with various departments and all levels of staff
- Strong interpersonal skills to influence peers and when necessary challenges ideas to promote a culture of continuous improvement
- Experience with preparation of reconciliations and investigating differences would be an advantage
- Working in a Cash team would also be an advantage but not essential
- Experience of working within a fast paced or changing environment is an advantage
- Good knowledge of accounting entries, system interfaces and familiar with profit & loss and balance sheet accounts with ability to consult with key stake holders
- Methodical and diligent approach with ability & discipline of working to tight deadlines within a team environment
- Experience of interpreting and analysing large quantities of data efficiently using Excel.
- Knowledge of leasing, banking and funding issues is desirable
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 112182
Organization: Financial Services
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time